New Music

RockelMan

I know we all listen to some music, and not everyone listens to the same stuff. I am looking for some new music to listen to, and add to my playlists. I like to have music playing in the background when I am working in my shop, playing on the computer or going for my runs.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

I will listen to just about anything. At least give it a good try before I delete it off my playlists. :)

I will listen to just about anything. At least give it a good try before I delete it off my playlists. :)

By give it a good try before I delete it off my playlists, I mean that I would only delete it if it turns out that I don't enjoy that particular tune. LOL

Tim Barry is always worth checking out. Rivanna Junction is my personal favorite album. Joey Knieser from Glossary (TN) released a solo album last year that is incredible. The name escapes me at this time. Just google his name and solo record. Its free to download on his website along with his sisters album.

Listen to Blood for Blood. That's mandatory.

try turntable.fm or spotify. plenty of ways to discover new music via those free sites/services.

I think my Itunes has a radio function I should check it out and write down names of bands and songs I like! LOL thanks for the reminder on that I totally forgot.

Tim Barry is always worth checking out. Rivanna Junction is my personal favorite album. Joey Knieser from Glossary (TN) released a solo album last year that is incredible. The name escapes me at this time. Just google his name and solo record. Its free to download on his website along with his sisters album.

I will check them out!

i listen to john frusciante often, his solo stuff, not all his albums are to many people's tastes but i highly recommend the empyrean, shadows collide with people and the will to death. they are slightly more listenable in a work environment.

Recently I was told about the XX, they only have one album out but it's awesomely chilled out and a bit goth which is always good in my book. UNKLE's War Stories is also great, chris goss helped produce it.

Beck has a big bunch of awesome albums too, Boards of Canada's Geogaddi, also check out Basil Poledouris' Conan the barbarian OST, I listen to it a few times a week at least, so good!

I agree, you should check out spotify for finding new music, the 'similar artists' bit really helps find new music. i use the paid for spotify service which allows 'offline' mode so you can play saved playlists and radios on your iphone/ipod. really worth the money and then some. good luck!

ps. Fragile by Yes

Kelly Kneiser is actually Joey Kneiser's ex-wife (i think they have two kids together). and don't listen to D about Blood for Blood. they're not mandatory.

black heart procession

the brains

black breath

mojave 3

cannibal ox

el-p

the congos

white lies

firewater

murder by death

i love you but i've chosen death

earth

johnny dilks

quest for fire

toshinori kondo

scissorfight

jawbox

slim cessna's auto club

16 horsepower

blanche

that's a wide variety of stuff, if you find something in the list you enjoy let me know and i can probably steer you towards more stuff that is similar

black heart procession

the brains

black breath

mojave 3

cannibal ox

el-p

the congos

white lies

firewater

murder by death

i love you but i've chosen death

earth

johnny dilks

quest for fire

toshinori kondo

scissorfight

jawbox

slim cessna's auto club

16 horsepower

blanche

that's a wide variety of stuff, if you find something in the list you enjoy let me know and i can probably steer you towards more stuff that is similar

So far I have been through about half of the list and I have really enjoyed firewater and white lies