Dangerous Biscuits

jade1955

There is a potentially hazardous item lurking in many food cupboards. Forget all the nonsense about too much salt/fat in our diets.

This is from 2009 but I came across it on the internet this evening.

Around 500 people a year need hospital treatment because of biscuit injuries.

The study by Mindlab found 29 per cent of adults had been splashed or scalded by hot drinks while dunking or trying to fish the remnants from hot tea.

They also found 28 per cent had choked on crumbs and 10 per cent had broken a tooth or filling biting a biccy.

More unusually, three per cent had poked themselves in the eye with a biscuit and seven per cent were bitten by a pet or "other wild animal" trying to get their biscuit.

One man ended up stuck in wet concrete after wading in to pick up a stray biscuit.

Mindlab have now devised a Biscuit Injury Threat Evaluation, or B.I.T.E. Custard creams get a risk rating of 5.63.

In 2001 the HSE (Health & Safety Executive) reported 21 workplace accidents in the UK involving explosives with a total of 3 people needing hospial treatment for minor injuries. Kind of puts things in perspective dosn't it?

while i'm with Ursula on this matter, to be fair, i think it can be safely assumed that there are a lot more people eating cookies/biscuits in the UK than there are working around explosive materials. just sayin'.