Is this idea for a Tattoo realistic?

Marcjuro

Hey I'm a total newbie when it comes to tattoos but I have an idea for one that I would love to make happen.

31h91tJ-0bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

No words, just the image with a black backdrop. Is this doable/possible? Let me know guys.

I would want this on my back and though I am not certain on the exact size I would want it to cover most of the surface area.

It's doable, but you might want to rethink the black backround. A big black rectangle backround might look a little strange.

Welcome to LST, btw!

What would you recommend besides a rectangle? Also I've heard that the larger the tattoo the bigger the chance of deterioration. Is this true?

Thanks for the welcome!

Where are you located Marcjuro? There might be a good shop near you that you discuss this is person with a tattoo artist that does portrait or black and grey work. Different people have different takes on this but I would any time you are getting a tattoo that doesn't rely on a bold outline your chances of deterioration are higher. But there are some tattooers doing amazing things with portrait work. I'm not sure exactly what i would around the face but I agree a big black rectangle would be weird. Is it just the image you like or is the tattoo because you like the book itself. What I am thinking is there other ideas that could be added to this tattoo to turn it into a full back piece, make it little more interesting.

Where are you located Marcjuro? There might be a good shop near you that you discuss this is person with a tattoo artist that does portrait or black and grey work. Different people have different takes on this but I would any time you are getting a tattoo that doesn't rely on a bold outline your chances of deterioration are higher. But there are some tattooers doing amazing things with portrait work. I'm not sure exactly what i would around the face but I agree a big black rectangle would be weird. Is it just the image you like or is the tattoo because you like the book itself. What I am thinking is there other ideas that could be added to this tattoo to turn it into a full back piece, make it little more interesting.

I'm located right next to L.A. and Hollywood. Obviously price isn't an issue here, just quality.

And to clarify. This is a dvd/blu-ray cover for The Seventh Seal which was released about 2 years ago. I've always been in love with this specific film for a number of reasons. More so with the character of Antonius Block who is pictured there.

I'm looking to get that portrait copied on my back in the best possible transfer. I would want it looking as realistic and true to the dvd cover as possible. Perhaps not the black rectangular backdrop but at least the play of shadow on the left side of the face.

If you have anymore recommendations they are welcomed. Thank you!

If I was going to get a tattoo in LA I would go to either Spotlight Tattoo or Shamrock Social Club which are also recommended by this forum. Personally I would also recommend this shop, Dolorosa Tattoo, I think Alex Garcia would be your man to see here. You will find a lot of stuff on these shops websites but the portfolios at the shop are probably more comprehensive and up to date. I don't really go looking for Portrait guys, but I know there are people at these shops that can do what you are looking for or send you some place that can.

Artists | The Dolorosa Tattoo Co.

I'll come out of lurker mode to recommend Memoir Tattoo in Hollywood, a great shop with amazing artists. I would specifically recommend James Spencer Briggs for this piece, check out his site, I think he would knock this one out of the park. Plus he is a super nice guy.

I'll come out of lurker mode to recommend Memoir Tattoo in Hollywood, a great shop with amazing artists. I would specifically recommend James Spencer Briggs for this piece, check out his site, I think he would knock this one out of the park. Plus he is a super nice guy.

Hey, welcome to LST. I love it when lurkers come out of the shadows.

Amazing recommendation! He really is one of the best I've seen around my area! Especially since he specializes with black and gray. Thank you so much for the recommendation. I know James is incredibly busy though. I'm heading to the east coast for several months later next month so if he is already booked then I'll have to make sure to book a time with him in either winter or summer!