how much sun is too much sun?

Raymundo

Hi! so I got a new tattoo a week ago and got the second skin off on the 5th day as the artist told me to, but on the 6th day I went to a demonstration (about 2 hours) with shorts, having the area looking pretty much healed I thought I could get away with some sunscreen, I tried to keep it in the shade and have it not too exposed to the sun, but I had the feeling the heat coming up from the street was pretty intense, the next day the area was hurting a bit but nothing crazy. Today a bit started to peel off, but I really can't tell if it's damaged or its just the normal healing process (I have other tattoos and I always panic when they start peeling off). I guess my question would be how much damage should I expect and what signs of damage should I be looking for? The tattoo is pretty fine line.

From what you've got above - If there's something wrong with a 6 day old tattoo it would likely result from putting something on it (sunscreen) while the skin is still not fully healed. Heat from the ground isn't going to hurt it. A reasonable amount of indirect sun probably won't either. Sunscreen maybe not either - but I don't like putting anything on/in that wound for at least a couple of weeks. 

7 hours ago, Qweoncy said:

My tattoo had a very deep scab on it & it fell off but there’s no link under , just the mark where the tattoo was . Is there a way I could heal that up so my skin could grow back over or no?

Not enough info here . . . was you're tattoo healing and the scab was part of the healing tattoo, or did you have an existing tattoo that got damaged after healing? 

You're skin should grow back flat in any case. 

Pictures would help 100% in this request . . .