Opinions on this artist?

Wedge

I had heard of him and I'm only 10 minutes from his shop. Stopped in today for the hell of it and was there almost an hour talking to him and the other artists and admiring all his flash and artwork. A real cool guy and a beautiful little shop. I'm just not as familiar with the traditional style artists and noone in CT does that style so I wanted others' opinions. We talked about doing a wolf head and roses on my upper arm, he was really into it so I said I'd get back to him.

Thanks for the replies. Obvioulsy you guys aren't sure so I'll keep looking :D , maybe I'll get lucky and find a "tattoo school" graduate :rolleyes:.

Since this tattoo will be going on my upper arm I will probably wait until end of summer since I ride a motorcycle and my arms get a LOT of sun. Even with sunblock, I still think I should wait so it will have months to heal before next riding season. I still can't believe his shop is so close to me and I really wasn't aware of him and his talents. I'm not new to tattoos and pretty much can tell a good artist but I am new to this style so I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again.

Co signed. Good dude, good tattooer, works fucking hard and appreciates good clients.

For what it's worth I love your work, too.

Like I said, my first impression of Murray was impressive as he took the time to talk to me for quite a while about his tattoos and shop, my current tattoos, other tattoo artists and shops, our mutual love of shooting, etc. It felt like I 'd known him forever and we just met. I will definitely be a client of his before too long.

I've got to admit, I never realized the reputation that Murray Sell has within such a huge tattoo community. Reading all of these amazing comments has surprised me a little. Trust me, I do alot of reading, I look at tons of artist portfolios and even have a piece by Shane O'Neill and it wasn't until recently I started hearing about this guy who basically works 10 minutes from me. But that's why I posted this questions on this particular forum so I really appreciate the feedback. I think I'm finally sold, at least I know I've done my research. Thanks again everyone, I sure hope Muray likes doing tribal armbands!