Curly mentioned in UK's metro newspaper

Valerie Vargas

Just a little fluff piece but sweet all the same. nice to see nice stories involving heavily tattooed people for a change rather than the usualy freakshow shit.

Jacqui Moore celebrates divorce with full body tattoo by new lover | Metro.co.uk

Woman celebrates divorce with full body tattoo by new lover

Some women mark new-found singledom with a toyboy, others might splash out on a haircut or a new wardrobe, but mother-of-two Jacqui Moore celebrated her divorce with a single tattoo that covers 85 per cent of her body.

Jacqui Lavis celebrated her divorce by allowing her new lover to tattoo her whole body

The 41-year-old found new love with a man who has spent the last eight years inking her flesh with a continuous black and grey ‘full bodysuit’ tattoo.

Only her left armpit, half her right leg and most of her face is uncovered – but she hopes to get that daubed next spring.

Jacqui fell for 45-year-old tattooist Andreas Moore, nicknamed ‘Curly’, after divorcing her husband, Martin, in 2003.

She said: ‘I went to get a new tattoo to symbolise my freedom and the new chapter in my life. When I got to the parlour I met Curly and we fell in love and he has been tattooing me ever since.’

Jacqui Lavis and boyfriend Curly are big fans of body art

Jacqui says her employer, a private school where she works as a gardener, is happy with her look – but many others aren’t.

She said: ‘Some are very nice while I get a lot of funny looks from other people. Some even tell me I look disgusting. But I am proud of my body, I see it as a work of art.’

Her complex tattoo involves swirling Indian and Tibetan flowers on her leg, a swarm of dragonflies on her back and a large spider’s web – complete with tarantulas – on her stomach.

An open eye is inked inside her right armpit.

Luckily Curly doesn’t charge for the work, which would have cost £13,440.

Jacqui, from Oxford, said: ‘I love seeing my body change every time Curly tattoos me. It’s an incredible journey of self-discovery.’

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/870614-woman-celebrates-divorce-with-full-body-tattoo-by-new-lover#ixzz1TRjAU9GQ

It's a near article.. but I can't stop thinking - What happens if they break up and now she's covered in a permanent reminder of him? Maybe she won't see it that way but maybe she will and that would be shitty!

You guy's are right though, it's nice to see something positive about tattooing in the media for once!

My girlfriend brought that article home :) . I was like "I know who that guy is!"

And yeah, it makes a change from the usual sort of tattoo-related stories (The one that sticks in my mind is the girl who claimed she fell asleep during a tattoo session and ended up with a faceful of stars she didn't ask for).

I read the link to the Daily Mail in the comments section people were sadly saying very unkind things such as she must be a terrible mother. I can say honestly that my partner and I are both tattooed and I know other members of this fprum are parents and im sure we all do a great job as Jacqui does, it is such a shame people judge in this way.

Very nice interview I thought. The camera showed some close up pictures of Jacquis tattoos. The eye under her armpit was beautiful as were the rest of her tattoos.

Both the interviewers have tattoos and Paddy made the point that anyone thinking of getting a tattoo should go to a proper registered tattoo studio. As I write my copy of Stoney Knows How has just arrived. Great start to the day.

As I write my copy of Stoney Knows How has just arrived. Great start to the day.

Hell of a start!

Paddy made the point that anyone thinking of getting a tattoo should go to a proper registered tattoo studio

I mean, sometimes I may end up saying things on British television I don't remember, but at least I always give proper advice.