Kelly Osbourne to remove most of her tattoos

Barbie Doll

Kelly Osbourne: Why I'm Removing Most of My 15 Tattoos

Credit: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

Wednesday – October 06, 2010 – 5:21pm

Comments (11) »

Kelly Osbourne isn't done reinventing herself!

The slimmed down star -- who recently told Us Weekly about how she's managed to keep off almost 50 pounds after a year -- plans to get most of her 15 tattoos removed.

Osbourne, 25, announced her decision to undergo laser tattoo removal in her weekly column for British magazine Closer (as reported in The Daily Mail.)

PHOTOS: Celebs' weird body art

She had her revelation recently while shooting the flick Should've Been Romeo, when makeup artists covered up the ink. "I can't say I missed them!" she wrote.

"I met with my dermatologist and I'll start the laser treatment as soon as I have time," the Dancing with the Star alum said.

The erasure process won't be short and painless, either. "It will take several months, and while I'm not looking forward to the pain, I've heard it hurts less than getting the tattoo," Osbourne wrote. "I hope so!"

PHOTOS: Kelly's amazing body transformation

She doesn't hate all of her tattoos, Osbourne explained. "Some still have a special meaning, like the matching ones my brother Jack and I have of each other's names, but now I feel like some were a mistake."

Last year, Osbourne told British talk show This Morning that getting inked was "my way of self harming, because I really knew it would upset my mum and dad," she admitted of parents Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne.

PHOTOS: How other stars went from hot mess to hotness

"I was miserable and I just went and got all these tattoos and I don't know why. One of them is a keyboard and I don't even know how to play a piano!"

She added: "As you get older, you realize that you don't want to be defined by your tattoos, because that's not the type of person that I am."

I fucking hate that celebrities are celebrated and documents for their sheer stupidity. Tattoos are permanent and removed tattoos typically look like ugly dir on your skin.

It's because of dumb shits like this that I have girls coming into my shop asking for tattoos and following it with "well they're removeable now so i can just laser it later."

I need to back away from this post before I blow a fuse

• 3 months later...