The end of an apprentice - sacking your mentor.

Bubbleberry

If your wife wants to learn, she can make her own account but it sounds like she already knows more than anyone else here, or she's too stupid to realize the wealth of knowledge at her fingertips.

Sorry to disagree here but there should be no wealth of knowledge here for an aspiring tattooer. I didn't get to jump online and get educated during my apprenticeship. I went to work, shut my mouth, watched, listened, and got tattooed by those I admired. I agree with every tattooer on here except that there is no need to take any of this, personally. People can ask anything and we can simply ignore it. This forum is going to be what we make it. A simple "don't feed the animals" approach is our best bet. PS... I'm convinced that guy doesn't even have a wife and these threads are all BS.

By wealth of knowledge I mean all the photos, videos and blog posts. They all have things to learn for anything interested in the art of tattooing.

In one of the threads he invited us to look up his wife on Facebook. Well I did, it's a blank profile with no informations or photos other than a made up sounding name and that she worked at such and such tattoo shop. When you click on the tattoo shop it's another empty profile. So yup there ya have it. And you're right, I should have never fed the troll.

I was it bit bored this afternoon so I did a bit of detective work. I work as fraud analyst. Fraudsters usually use similar m/os (username starting with a b as the starting point) so it wasn't difficult to track him down.

Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum - View Profile: blue rhino

Not much point in reading his shitty posts as I have had a belly-full of him anyway. Just an interesting little excersise. Trolls<>fraudsters.

Maybe we should hold a wake, since we're obviously not able to get any closure. Hahahahahaha. I actually feel bad for him, he's obviously got some issues. For whatever reason he just wants tattooed people to think he's awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

This shit is amazing. Your wife got played by some crappy " want a be " now you bitch when were not all boo hooing for her. There absolutely should be a tattoo artist only side to this forum because guess what... If there weren't the tattooers this would just be a forum. A forum about what? Exactly. Nothing. No tattoo, no tattoo appreciation. it's jackholes like you bubble that make tattooers not comment. You want us to not reply? You got it. Let's see how interesting this forum is with out us. Better yet go ahead and spread all you " know " with each other anyway you leech.

Sorry to the rest but I do have to say I feel better getting that off my chest.

it's jackholes like you bubble that make tattooers not comment. You want us to not reply? You got it. Let's see how interesting this forum is with out us.

This sentiment was also expressed by Mario Desa and Stewart of late.

The forum will be all the poorer for non-participation of tattooists. Some of the most interesting posts on here, let's be honest, have been the ones from experienced tattooists talking about the history of particular figures within the industry, or the finer points of the way they see their trade.

However, I'm not quite sure what can or should be done about tattooer forum members being pissed off with stupid questions like the one that kicked off this thread. It's the internet, a certain amount of spam is inevitable and no matter how sacred the topic there will be someone along in a short while to piss all over it- often unwittingly.

If some tattooers are offended by this to the point that it means they're not going to come back to the forum - well, that sucks, sorry to see you go. But I must admit the comments about 'coming here less and less', or wistful mention of a tattooers-only subforum and whatnot do also smack to me a little of "I'm taking my ball and I'm going home". I will miss some of the contributions but equally I won't miss that aspect.

I know this probably won't be a popular post, but so be it.

a lil self restraint can be a tough thing......this is one reason why reality TV has so many visitors waiting for the next trainwreck yet majority of people claim to not like this stuff or drama.....plus everyone wants to be the next star or bash another for their attention when positivity will be much more powerful...the sad thing is the forums/threads like this get the most attention, visits, users online, etc when what we really want, why we started this was to give people a platform to contribute positively. We dislike having to close threads/post and/or delete them unless we absolutely have to. They happen like life and it is how we respond! We do not want to lose any of the tattooers or other LSTers......sooooooooo

Here's my reply I wrote awhile ago in this thread and elsewhere

This is where we have a great opportunity to not go the way other forums either started or went.....we hope LSTers will chose the respectful, educational, and positive path or just ignore the post/thread. Tough gals/guys, grandiosity, and attitudes need not apply to LST.....

Here is Scott's response

The following is what I wrote at the end of a thread that will be removed. By request, I've taken this part out and moved it here. If you have no idea what it's in reference to, lucky you. Don't worry about it.

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on here so much, I've been super busy painting and getting ready for an art show for the shop. Thank god we're now officially broken up with BumbleNuts.

To clear up the "private section" issue, I just want to say that it has never been my intention to have a private tattooer's section. My goal has always been to promote good tattooing in a positive way. There are other tattoo forums that have had private sections, and they've just turned into knitting circles with name calling and frat boy posturing. I'm not against clubs per se, I am a member of the Good Gents and the Oddfellows, but a private section would only hurt the long term health of our forum.

There are tons of ways for tattooers to talk to each other everyday, you could also PM each other on here. But this forum was never intended to teach techniques or explain how to tattoo, we just want to elevate the publics' knowledge, and our own, of the truly great things that are happening in tattooing, past, present, and future.

I especially want to thank Valerie and Stewart and anyone else who's tried to participate as a tattooer OR a collector on here and help cool this fire down. It's also the non-tattooers like Shawn Porter, gougetheeyes, Ursula, and Ms Rad that make LST great. Just like how we wouldn't be tattooers if we didn't have clients, we're interdependent both in the shop and on LST as well.

So yeah, Go Team! (Clearly I've drank a lot of good coffee today.)