Im trying to choose a tattoo artist for my next tatoo. Will you take a look at these pics and rate their work?

Asthma Inhaler Jim

So im currently trying to figure out a new artist to go to for a tattoo because things didnt work out with the last one i went to. Im considering this artist whos instagram is Jose Guevara Morales (@cheeseburgerchampion) • Instagram photos and videos. He does a lot of anime style type stuff so thought he might be a good choice.

I wanted to get a second opinion though and post a few pics and see what you guys thought about the linework etc. here are a few pictures of some tattoos that would probably fit the kind of idea i was looking for.

one thing that had me questioning the quality of his work was the Tails from sonic tattoo which would be the first tattoo in the second row. I thought maybe the lines around his foot seemed a bit unclean but not really sure. Also i thought the lines on the ears of the pikachu hat in the 3rd pic of the first row seemed maybe kind of unclean. 

What do you guys think? 

1675758976_CHEESEBURGER2.thumb.jpg.b189f2161705096d281d723776d51062.jpg

1029103779_CHEESEBURGER1.thumb.jpg.1dd13398e261a0baeac9215e55c2ee53.jpg

Here are some tattoos done by the last artist i went to who things didnt work out with. I personally thought he had some super clean lines in his tattoos but again i wanted to get a second opinion. How would you say they compare to the first artist i posted above as far as the quality of the lines, coloring etc.? 

bransmall.jpg.e4c3fad09716ff601ac3f0c6799a0393.jpg

Edited by Asthma Inhaler Jim

I like the tattoos from the artist that didn't work out better. The new guy's lines are pretty inconsistent. They aren't consistent in weight, there seem to be more than a few wobbles and first row second pic, he only outlines half the tail. There are multiple instances of him lining something and then just stopping. If those type of things bother you, I'd keep looking. Keep in mind, he's showing his BEST work.

On 6/29/2022 at 6:55 PM, Hogrider said:

I like the tattoos from the artist that didn't work out better. The new guy's lines are pretty inconsistent. They aren't consistent in weight, there seem to be more than a few wobbles and first row second pic, he only outlines half the tail. There are multiple instances of him lining something and then just stopping. If those type of things bother you, I'd keep looking. Keep in mind, he's showing his BEST work.

thanks for the reply. Yeah i did think there were certain lines that werent as clean as id like. I might just try reapplying to the original tattoo artist i was going to and see if maybe he lets me do another consultation. Not too many people i think have a style id like to bring my particular idea to so for now I might just think of getting other tattoo ideas i had from other artists. 

Edited by Asthma Inhaler Jim