Gengz

I had a tattoo covered up, problem is the cover up is not like the design, which i am not happy about.

Is there any tattooist who can make some recommendations how i can get it improved?

I agree with Dari 100%

Sorry you got stuck with another bad tattoo over the old bad tattoo. It happened to be once before too, I know the feeling.

As others mentioned, laser might be something to consider if you are really unhappy with the work.

And just to say it again, don't go back to that shop or artist!!

Oooh, everybody loves a good clean panther. Here's a link to our panther thread:

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-designs/203-panther-tattoos.html

and then, here are some amazing panthers in the animals gallery:

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/gallery/5-animal-tattoos.html

And Gengz, again, sorry you ended up with a 2nd tattoo that you didn't like.

Thanks for the replies.

Think I will avoid the panther though as its not really my thing (apparently neither are Lillys) :)

The worst thing about it is I researched the studio, not the person, Lesson well and truly learnt and feeling completely stupid for it!!

On the laser removal, I live in the UK, anyone know where I would start with this quest?

Im afraid i don't know anyone in your local area, but if you're willing to travel just a little bit extra i recommend Laserlife on baker street, london (i'm not 100% on the name though, something along those lines) or Tattoo Uk have a branch in Rayner's lane also in london (tube stop right across the street) that do laser treatment.

I think your best bet is to first of all find an artist whose work you like and ask for their opinion, every tattooer feels different about cover ups and they might suggest something you have not considered before. voices on the internet can only help so far, for actual guidance and trustworthy option you should really start off with finding a new artist and speaking with them in person.

Valerie's totally right. for the best advice, you should talk to someone in person.

also, there is this guy who used to post on this board, but who we haven't seen in a while. i'm not suggesting him, as i've never met him, and can't speak of his credibility, but if he's close to you, you might want to check him out.

Thank you.

I went to see a tattooist last night, he didnt get to discuss it in detail as he was working on someone but did say he could work on it and make the lillys more defined, I have made an appointment with him to talk about it properly and see what he can do.

I've also emailed the pictures to another tattooist that a friend has been to (he isnt local but if he can do something...) just awaiting a reply.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions, even the panthers ;-)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Unless willing to go for a large dark piece I don't see any other options then just keep it like that or laser it.

Considering the fact that the OP already spoke with a qualified and experienced professional tattoo artist who told her they can probably fix it, I don't think your advice is well founded unless you are more qualified and experienced than the artist she already spoke with, which somehow I doubt.

• 2 weeks later...