name lettering

Peter Mullen

could someone suggest a type of lettering for names. i wish to put names of my 2 boys on the body..maybe one on each forearm..but i have no talent to create the lettering. also could you recommend a artist in jersey..thanks in advance for ur help:cool:

Hey Peter- I think the best thing you could do is to visit a good studio and let the know what you want- they can do the rest. A lot of people think they have to come up with how the tattoo will look, and that's not really true, so don't worry about not knowing how to create anything! They'll know what works, and what looks good.

As for artists in Jersey (NJ, right?), I think everyone else will have a better grasp for who's the best for this, since a lot of people live closer. I like Scott Terry's work, though.

If you live near Nyak you can go see the guys at Vanguard Tattoo. As far as recommending a style of lettering: When you do find a good shop you think you'd like to get tattooed at, ask them to see some samples of lettering. Most respectable shops will have a book for you to see with lots of different styles. It's kind of hard to suggest something like that over the internet. Most people get either script or old english lettering but there are many many other options.

When I got lyrics tattooed on my ribs I picked out the font at the shop. I wouldn't worry about the style too much, spend your time picking out a great artist. I'm sure some people will respond with good recommendations for you.

could someone suggest a type of lettering for names. i wish to put names of my 2 boys on the body..maybe one on each forearm..but i have no talent to create the lettering. also could you recommend a artist in jersey..thanks in advance for ur help:cool:

if you're also willing to travel, there's a plethora of artists in New York that might be worth looking at. Favorites around here would be those at Smith Street, NY Adorned, and Saved.

Bigjoe, I love that you always have the great NJ recommendations.

I live in NJ,and have visited a lot of shops through out the state.It's a little difficult to recommend a tattooer that does real nice script,especially when they don't have any examples in their portfolio.If your close to NYC,you might wan't to check out some shop's over there too.As MsRAD said Anderson Luna@ Saved Tattoo does real nice script.And so does Big Steve Pedone And Mohawk Tattoos