Portland Tattoo Expo 2011

www.portlandtattooexpo.com/home

Oct 7-9 will be the third annual Portland Tattoo Expo in Portland Oregon.

Basically I am looking to see if there are any other shops that plan to attend this year or if anyone has any recommendations for any out of town artists listed above.

Last year I feel like I missed out, my wife was 9 months pregnant and even though I drug her there I couldn't convince her to let me get tattooed so hopefully it works out this year and I come home with more than some shirts and prints.

Yeah last year I went for one day and it wasn't very busy at all. Plus they scheduled it on the same weekend as the State of Grace Convention so that didn't help. I only see a few a names from Portland that interest me on the attending list and I could just go into their shop. You are at Scapegoat Tattoo right? Stopped in there a few times to look around while friends shop in the vegan grocery store. Your stuff looks nice, really liked that shark you posted too.

• 1 month later...

Was Just informed that Rose City Steel (Seth Ciferri's supply company) will have a booth at the Portland Expo, with Alyson Leigh Bennett (Scapegoat & Mr Tattoo), Manee Friday (Imperial Tattoo) and Matt Moreno (Mr Tattoo) doing flash inspired by one the sponsors Sizzle Pie which is a Vegan Pizza chain in Portland. Manee is supposed to email me a preview of the flash in the next couple of days but sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I went yesterday, ended up working at friends t shirt booth, he was screen printing event tees on sight and selling some custom shirts he had made for some tattooers at the show. He doesn't live that close and he is real busy so it was nice to see him. My friend Ross Carlson won tattoo of the day on Saturday (Russ Abbot won that honor on Friday). Talked with Myke Chambers about getting tattooed but he was booked solid but possibly doing a guest spot in the near future so hopefully that works out. Artwork Rebels $150 flash special has some great designs, most of them portland related and Blacklist Gallery put together a pretty good sheet with designs going for $100. As far as people trying to walk up and get a tattoo those seem to be the best bet IMO.