Going to save up to go on a trip to LA to see my friend and tried to get tattooed by Bob Roberts or other ppl at Spotlight. Can someone shed me some light on Charlie's work and the other guys that work there? I dont know anything in LA or what's close to LA. HELP ME :)

While I haven't been to his shop so I don't know how they work as far as appointments and all that. I did meet Charlie at a convention where his booth was attached to ours and the tattoos he did looked really nice. Bold, clean traditional stuff. I'm not sure who else works there. If you check out their site BOB ROBERTS WORLD FAMOUS SPOTLIGHT TATTOO there's an artist section, but I could get the portfolio links to work. It looks like they haven't updated it in a while because it lists Juan as working there and I'm pretty sure he's only working at Blackheart but don't quote me on that as I'm not 100%

Grant Cobb works out of spotlight and is a really cool guy and great tattoo artist. He did the wolf head you can see in my gallery, and check out his portfolio Grant Cobb He seems to travel frequently so if you want work from him make sure he is around when you are.

When I was there I saw Baby Ray doing a black and grey skull sleeve that looked real nice too.

Steve Serazio works there and does great stuff, but it is nearly impossible to find any on the internet. Peter Shankman (I think that is correct) is on this forum and he was tattooed by Bob within the last couple of years. He may be able to help you out. Also Bryan Burk has a shop called Dark Horse Tattoo. They make great tattoos, and you have True Tattoo in Hollywood, and Gold Rush in Costa Mesa. Plenty of good spots to get work from.

I wouldn't worry to much about portfolios at any of these places. Everyone that works at them is really good.

I'm in LA again right now and hoping to get some free time to go by some tattoo shops. There are tons but some that really really impress me! Here is a blog post I wrote from being in LA last month and my day off. I really want to go to Spotlight but I don't think time and distance is going to allow it..... Look forward to hearing about your trip to LA.

Sweet! I ran into my friend last night that use to work at True Tattoo, he told me about Grand Cobb, and Charlie Roberts still does walk ins if he's working. Also was told of this guy named Sal Trevino that does great black and grey. Thanks for the help :)

seek, I have been trying for a month to get in touch with an artist at memoir tattoo in LA. I was hoping to hear something even if it was just letting me know they were booked through the year and try back later but not getting discouraged yet. I hope you have an awsome time and take lots of pictures

seek, I have been trying for a month to get in touch with an artist at memoir tattoo in LA. I was hoping to hear something even if it was just letting me know they were booked through the year and try back later but not getting discouraged yet. I hope you have an awsome time and take lots of pictures

Calling or emailing? I would call the shit outta the shop, emails can fall through the cracks pretty easily.

cu_bu, as I mentioned, I can ask Kim, she probably doesn't know Spencer's schedule, but she'd probably know if he is booked up or the best way to get his attention. I know they are super busy in the shop in general and it usually takes a few tries to get a reply (but they are awesome and well worth the effort)

• 2 weeks later...