Getting posts validated by an admin...

I'm new here and I didn't really want to send a PM to an admin as I imagine they get bothered a great deal by dumb newbie questions.

ANYWAY - I posted yesterday in the 'Who do you think deserves some recognition?' and got a message saying that it would need to be validated by an admin (probably because I attached images). Firstly, is it normal for it to take this long, and secondly, is there a way for me to be able to see if I have a pending message, in case it has just got lost into the ether?

Much appreciations.

Good morning.....if you or anyone has a question please don't hesitate to email any of us if you don't feel like putting it out there publicly. Yes, we get a bunch but it comes with the territory.

As for the new post, it is one of the various spam features we have in place for newcomers. I would imagine it is frustrating, however, our intentions are hopefully making other frustrations retire..it blocks a shit load of spam... Normally I am on every few hours but some new contracts have me on the road a bunch over the next month and looking likely longer. With that being said it was one of the reasons we decided to add our first moderator, Hogg, and are working on some of the backend stuff so he can help us out with some extra hands and eyes.

In the upper right side of every page you're on when signed in look at your notifications dropbox for messages, likes, etc.

Once again thanks for sticking with us as we work on our efficiency and effectiveness.

Hey,

I'm not seeing your post, and we have nothing awaiting approval. Perhaps it did get eaten up by the ethernet? If you post it again, I'll approve it as soon as I get back to my computer. Sorry for the frustration. Also, you can PM me about anything, anytime.

Dari

Thanks Lochlan and Dari - yep, it is definitely a useful filter for the mountain of spam that forums get these days so I wholeheartedly endorse its use. I was just wondering if there was a way for me to see that I have messages pending (such as you would get for a Tripadvisor review, for instance). It looks like it HAS disappeared, and it might only be me, but it could be a head's up that others posts are not getting through, but maybe users aren't reporting it. If I have a few minutes later today I will post it again.

Sorry about the hassle. It really is only in place for new users, once you've made a few more posts (not sure how many) they won't need to be approved. But the messages would be under notifications on the top right of the page next to your name, but it wouldn't show if you had anything pending. Thanks for signing up for LST, though. And thanks for clearing up that you weren't a troll from the gate.

Not a hassle at all - just finding my way and its good to know how the forum works.

Oh dear, I posted that stuff to that thread twice, except the second time I just posted links so as not to swallow up the thread with huge images. I'm happy for you to delete the original post if you like.

Yep, not a troll, and generally find the spleen-venting/attention seeking side of internet communities to be childish and depressing. Can't promise I won't ask stupid questions though. I could never promise something like that... :-)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I stupidly posted some links in a second post in my intro thread, so it got moved to the moderation queue - but it looks it's also caused the original intro post to disappear too... I can see and access the thread, but can't see any content in it!

How badly have I cocked up? Hah.

@doshio should be good now but I'll check with @steve1461686340 our resident guru..

If you have less than 10 posts, and you post more than 4 links in a post, it will get auto-moderated. When that happens, our moderators will usually approve it w/in a day or so if it's not spam.

There are also keywords that can trigger auto-moderation like 'buy cheap tattoo supplies' etc..

Thanks for your patience w/ these anti-spam measures that sometimes catch legit posts like yours.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 months later...

Hey! I have recently registered on here, and have a quick question related to this topic: Will I get a notice, if my post for some reason gets rejected by the admin validating it? I tried posting some pictures in my initiation thread and in the latest tattoo lowdown thread yesterday, but I am not sure whether it has been rejected, lost, or if I just suck at posting things :)

Hey! I have recently registered on here, and have a quick question related to this topic: Will I get a notice, if my post for some reason gets rejected by the admin validating it? I tried posting some pictures in my initiation thread and in the latest tattoo lowdown thread yesterday, but I am not sure whether it has been rejected, lost, or if I just suck at posting things :)

Hey Emil,

We usually approve posts within a day or so, posting lots of links or images in your first ten posts can trigger them to be moderated as a measure to protect against spammers.

Thanks for your patience and thanks for joining LST, looks like you're off to a great start here already.

Cheers