is this an infection? bursted veins?

ec215

Hey guys.

can anyone help and let me know if youve seen this happen before? right after my tat session, i noticed right below my tattoo ink (1st pic), there is a thick raised line that seemed swelled up. its weird because it isnt where the ink is, but right below it where its open skin. i didnt think much of it. the next day (2nd pic), it started to look scabbed, red, scarring, infected? theres no puss or anything and doesnt hurt or itch that much. it just seem that its on a hard to heal area of the arm, so the wound is hard to keep dry and without friction. is this some type of infection? but if it was, why would it be in that area, and not where the ink was actually entered and needled punctured? has anyone have any ideas on this? the artist did go over the tattoo area right above the would a couple of times , heavy handed. but how would the infection end up below it?? could it be a posssible damage to a capillary ?any help or insights would be much appreciated… thank u!!

main-qimg-868984c83596b55446e9a24398fa2f44-lq
main-qimg-238e9e2173d1a132197cef111b05bcf1-lq
main-qimg-8ef4b993b0390a9508be90466af8b8fd-lq

6 hours ago, ec215 said:

yeah i went to a local clinic and they gave me three days of antibiotic pills and cream. have u ever seen anything like this on skin thats NOT tatted?? lol so weird i cant find answers anywhere

I’ve never seen anything like that on any skin. Good luck with the heal.

This almost looks like road rash. How was your tattoo wrapped afterwards?  Some people use saniderm, some use basic cling wrap and tape. Occasionally I've seen cling wrap sealed on the edges with a medical wrap adhesive bandage. Only reason I ask is one time I had a procedure to remove a bc implant in my arm that was wrapped with a medical bandage, to be left on 24 hours. My arm broke out in a rash similar that scabbed up. 

Edited by Kimbob