Most anticipated tattoos

blessedmatter

What are some tattoos that you have that were years in the making? For instance, did you hold out for an artist for years and then finally get that appointment? Did you want a specific design but never had the confidence in an artist until a sudden moment and it worked?

Last fall I got tattooed by Jef Whitehead and it was years and years and years in the making. I'm 27 mind you, and before I knew what a good tattoo was I knew that his line of flash for Anti Hero skateboards was amazing. I probably didn't know it was even his for a few years. Then later on I knew some kids up in Boston who were getting stunning pieces from Whitehead when he worked in NH (I think that's where he was then), and that really changed my perception on tattooing. Finally, last year I got a wolf head with a dagger running through it from him, and I probably look at it more than any other tattoo I have.

I also recently got tattooed by Mike Wilson and it was nothing short of the hype that usually surrounds his name. Awesome tat, awesome dude, etc, etc.

I dunno if this is what you mean but : I thought about getting my back done as a full back piece for a long time and always thought yeah it's cool but not for me, I'll just get a bunch of small stuff like I have on my arms and legs. Then I met mike Wilson and instantly knew I wanted a full back piece and that it was going to be from him. I told him at least a year or more before I started that I wanted it. I didn't know what I wanted for a while but just kept reminding him 'one day you're doing my back'. Once I decided what I wanted (panther + snake) I let him know and had him do a tracing. We started it about a month after that. That was about 2 years ago and I've got one maybe two more short sessions and it'll be done. Its one of the best tattoo decisions ive ever made.