Rioting in London

jade1955

I hope so too but unfortunately it seems to be spreading to other parts of the UK. There are reports that there has been some trouble in Nottingham & Birmingham where a police station has been burned down.

I thought this photo was particularly sad.

bp23-1.jpg

Aaron Biber, 89, assesses the damage to his hairdressing salon after riots on Tottenham High Road on August 7, 2011

You brits need to calm the fuck down and get over it. We won America.

image.php?type=P&id=17527

Yeah but you only had to deal with a few pansy Redcoats.

This is big boy shit. We're talking about gangs of hoodies here.

Seriously though this is crazy it's like the whole place is going up in flames ATM.

Trouble in Bristol as well about 40 miles from where I live. Some people have been calling for social networking sites to be closed down as there are claims that the looting and rioting is being co-ordinated on Facebook & Twitter etc. A number of politicians, media commentators and members of the police force have suggested that Twitter and BlackBerry Messenger, in particular, had a role to play in the violence and rioting.

This was after the home team WON

lakers-fans.jpg

lakers-riots.jpg

7_62_c320.jpg

What's happening in England is terrible and the attitude seems to be prevalent worldwide. I can understand frustration over social justice but flat-out looting and vandalism is just criminal.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150333636850851

worthless fucks. you really want a police officer to be around to batton every tooth out of his mouth.. he walks off like he's a big man aswell.

This was shown on the news and the suggestion was that the rioters were robbing from one of their own, suggesting that the guy getting his bag robbed was involved, in some way. Here’s a clue look at what he is wearing on his feet. Now I don't claim to be an expert when it comes to looting and rioting I think I can say with confidence that flip flops are not the best choice of footwear. Poor sod looks like he's just an innocent bystander caught up in this.

The irony is that the some of the rioters and the communities they come from will suffer directly as a result of all this. Businesses destroyed and livelihoods lost. Some of those small local family businesses like the furniture shop in Croydon that had been there for over 120 years, gone forever and will probably never recover as a result of this. Very very sad.

If I had a shop in a riot, I would hope my next door merchant were these guys:

58852252.jpg

Respects cops (most of them anyways), but can't count on them, protect your own.

(I don't mean to cause offense, just how I feel as a small business owner, people work hard for the little they got, just to have it burned down by hooligans.)

You loot and we shoot. I saw that sign over someones property after Katrina.

I think I also saw footage of cops joining in with the looting in a branch of Walmart and a TV reporter asking them what they were up to. They looked a bit embarrassed to say the least.

I agree. I respect the law and military, tough job, etc. But even on 9/11 it wasn't secret agent "Jack Bauer" who stopped United 93, just regular people. Puts my trust more in regular decent people than anything else.

Yeah, Hooligans and dumb@$$ people are everywhere in the world.

I hope you stay safe and none of this mischief finds you or anyone else that is on this forum.

I agree. I respect the law and military, tough job, etc. But even on 9/11 it wasn't secret agent "Jack Bauer" who stopped United 93, just regular people. Puts my trust more in regular decent people than anything else.

Yeah, Hooligans and dumb@$$ people are everywhere in the world.

I hope you stay safe and none of this mischief finds you or anyone else that is on this forum.

Thanks Jaycel, I'm in London Wednesday getting tattooed. That area hasn't been hit with anything.

I saw this on YouTube. As the reporter says you have to laugh even though it's wrong.

I've just received a text from my wife. Some trouble at Swindon railway station. Fuckin hell.:eek:

I've also read that the Wiltshire police have sent 25 specially trained units to help the police in London. So thats it then if it kicks off in Swindon, we're fucked.