Rioting in London

jade1955

Teargas, like a curfew or baton rounds, would probably result in the police being rounded upon for being too heavy handed... I wonder will they get the go-ahead for any of that? I believe the Met have said it's a decision for parliment (some of those options, at least).

I feel like the Met are caught between a rock and a hardplace. Too soft and passive a response and they are accused of being caught flat-footed or being incompetent. Too aggressive and pro-active and when people are inevitably injured the liberal media, a significant portion of politicians and assorted community groups would go ballistic and look for individual officers to villify for going over the top.

It was gratifying to see Kurdish and Turkish business owners out protecting their property on TV - fair play to them.

Pisses me off to read about all this, nothing but thieves ruining whatever cause they might have had in the first place.. But glad to see that people are standing up for themselves.. Stay safe jade1955!

Thanks man. Lets hope this all calms down soon.

Serious rioting and looting in Manchester. Police are holding a press conference as I write. A lot of 9-11 year olds out in Manchester looting. Manchester City Councillor is asking teenagers to stay off the streets tomorrow night. The level of violence is really bad apparently a lot of damage.

Soho has been totally fine, no problems there at all thank goodness. tonight after finishing late we stepped outside to van after van of police and ambulances, but it turned out they were getting free coffee from bar italia next door, my stomach did a little flip before i realised!

Guess they had already visited the donut -doughnut shop.

All of oUr western civilization is built on violence!We spread it for free in many places around the world.I think its time to taste OUR product.I live in Athens Greece and my shop is in the central of it.I ve closed a lot of times my shop earlier than i should and other times didnt open it at all!Its terrible when it happens but i think its time to stop accusing the "bad kids-hooligans-whatever-

THIS IS OUR CULTURE AS IT SEEMS