Best tattoo season?

slayer9019

Summer's the busy season at most shops, so scheduling many be harder. I don't like getting tattooed in the summer as it means I can't go swimming, have to watch the sun exposure so other outdoor activities may be out, and the heat. The hotter it gets the more you sweat, which I think is icky with a new tattoo. Being hot always makes the soreness and itching more noticable to me. But that's all personal preference. Other people prefer summer because you can wear less or lighter clothing, which they like to do as their tattoo heals.

So, get tattooed whenever you have the time, money and inclination! :)

Anytime is a good time to get tattooed. I prefer fall/winter but at the same time it is a little harder to heal in colder months for me.

As far as being busy I think that just really fluctuates. This July crazy busy, last July pretty manageable. Last Feb was crazy busy this year it didn't really get busy till April/May. I think October ended up being the busiest month for our shop last year even with one tattooer on vacation for a week. But Usually Dec/Jan is a pretty good time to catch people with availability.

I think it depends on the person getting tattooed and their lifestyle and location of tattoo. For me, my next will be on my arm which gets a lot of sun in the summer so I'm waiting until fall due to sun exposure and better healing. I've got one on my back in the summer and didn't worry about the healing and sun since I'm not a beach/swimming person.

as a serious collector, i hate getting tattooed in the summer for a few reasons. the obvious being no swimming, but its just that in the summer you like to wear shorts, maybe a sleeveless tee, etc. and by doing so you are exposing your new tattoo to direct sunlight which usually not only doesnt feel great, but isnt good for the tattoo healing process. summer also sucks while healing a tattoo because you sweat so much. i prefer to get all of my larger tattoos done in the spring and fall. i guess i also get tattooed quite a bit in the winter time, but not for any particular reason, just because in kansas in snows a ton and it gives me something to do, while also helping out my tattooer seeing that its usually his slow season! im not saying i dont get tattooed in the summer, because i do, but it does seem to be the season i get tattooed the least, just because i hate being hot as hell and sweating my ass off while getting tattooed.

I got my first tattoo in the summer during a heat wave many years ago, it was a fair sized piece on my back that was a PITA to heal since I sweat like mad when it's mild out... Now when I get them I try to book for fall, winter or spring to allow my skin to heal without problems...

jonesy