Cancer survivor. First tattoo

Baldguy95

Hi guys. New to the forum here. Got my first tattoo last week. It’s not 100% done yet. Gotta go back and add a dove, some clouds, and light rays in august. The lions eyes are purple because I fought and beat Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2020 and that’s the ribbon color. I’ll post fresh and current. Currently in the bottom picture my scabs are coming off. But can’t really tell that in the picture. Just trying to keep it lightly moisturized a few times a day. A43BA084-F93E-4FE5-9454-7BBBB2E3C546.thumb.jpeg.c0a1de322582b54e310b0c42c69816d2.jpegA64AFD76-5BC3-4C32-B995-4938BF49989C.thumb.jpeg.34a75c7b04e34501803956e99cbd1405.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys I finished this thing up on Saturday! Added the dove, light rays, and clouds! Came out beautiful!

Really considering making this into a sleeve. Trying to figure out ideas that could flow with the design. thought about an eyeball with my brother and I’s silhouettes in the reflection for my inner arm. 

2172695B-25CB-4A82-906E-5C3DCF20E9BA.jpeg

On 8/16/2022 at 12:35 AM, Baldguy95 said:

Well guys I finished this thing up on Saturday! Added the dove, light rays, and clouds! Came out beautiful!

Really considering making this into a sleeve. Trying to figure out ideas that could flow with the design. thought about an eyeball with my brother and I’s silhouettes in the reflection for my inner arm. 

2172695B-25CB-4A82-906E-5C3DCF20E9BA.jpeg

Looks great, I love the dove! I’m sure your artist will be able to guide you with some more ideas to turn it in to a sleeve. Congrats! 👍

• 2 weeks later...

So now that everything is pretty much healed.. I go back for touch ups this Sunday… some of the detail really lightened up. But while he’s in there I may tell him to add some texture or shading in it yet. I love the tattoo. I’m just not sure how I feel about using my skin color to “color” the dove rather than black and grey shading or adding some white. What do you guys think?!

2 hours ago, purplelace said:

That is a beautiful tattoo. 

Because it is so personal to you, I would suggest go with your first instinct, your gut. Don't second guess yourself. Your instinct will keep you right. If you are still unsure, speak to your tattooist about it, they will be able to guide you.

Thank you! I still love the tattoo! Like I said after touch ups on Sunday I’m sure it’ll go back to day 1 glory! I’m a mechanic and I believe some scabs may have gotten knocked off at work a little early so I lost some line work here and there. Think once that’s all fixed I’ll feel better!