Japanese Tattoo Books?

peps1

Hey i was just curious, i am in the market for a new tattoo i can't seem to find any decent references.

I'm looking for a custom drawn tattoo of a Rokurokubi, (for those who don't know: Rokurokubi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) the ones i find are pretty crap at best or not the feel i am after. I am after a more traditional style to go with the rest of my work.

Anyway i don't want to just walk into a shop and ask for one' as there are many different poses and styles that the tattooist could do, i may or may not like them.

So anyway my question could any of you recommend a Japanese tattoo book that has a few reference pictures of a Rokurokubi as i don't want to buy a book of amazon and not find what im looking for.

Hey i was just curious, i am in the market for a new tattoo i can't seem to find any decent references.

I'm looking for a custom drawn tattoo of a Rokurokubi, (for those who don't know: Rokurokubi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) the ones i find are pretty crap at best or not the feel i am after. I am after a more traditional style to go with the rest of my work.

Anyway i don't want to just walk into a shop and ask for one' as there are many different poses and styles that the tattooist could do, i may or may not like them.

So anyway my question could any of you recommend a Japanese tattoo book that has a few reference pictures of a Rokurokubi as i don't want to buy a book of amazon and not find what im looking for.

Have you looked at Ukiyo-e prints? As in the link you posted.

Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone owns Juan Puente's book, Legacy: Hiroyoshi III. I'm thinking about getting it. What do you think of it?

Also, I thought it might be a book that could possibly have the image that peps1 is looking for.

Thank you!

I havn't read the book but i have seen a few Hiroyoshi III images of what im after.. I will try and source one of his books. Just need to find the time to go to the city to visit the japanese book shop. If i find it ill be sure to let you know how it is...

Also thanks everyone else for your suggestions.