@RoryQ The fates have conspired against me and I won't be getting tattooed in Barcelona after all. I didn't hear anything from Aloha which is just as well because last week my wallet was lost or stolen and I had the money that would have gone towards a tattoo in it, and with my back coming up in three weeks, I just don't have the money right now for a fun (or not so fun) holiday tattoo. That's life.

• 1 year later...

great thread

as you might guess

i'm thinking about knees

my only concerns are that i tend to bang mine up a bit

falling off shit like bikes and longboards

bodysurfing

my knees take a beating

so i wonder if i will regret getting some nice art on them

only to get nicked, scratched, scarred

its not that this will actually deter me from the knees

but the wear and tear factor was something i was thinking about

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I feel like an octopus would make a good knee tattoo. have the head/body of the octopus on the knee and some of the tentacles can flow around existing tattoos on the the lower leg (or thigh depending on which way is pointing up).

Goddamnit. I've been kicking around a bunch of ideas for my knee in three weeks and was finally starting to narrow it down. I'd had an idea for an octopus with the tentacles filling gaps (soooo many jokes) in a different spot, but now I'm wondering about knees. Hmmm. Thanks, Brian.

I already have a rose on my right knee, but I have no idea what to do with my left. Do I want a matching rose? Do I want another type of flower? An animal??? Arghhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice looking knee tattoo and great size. :)

Knees are no joke, Chad did one of mine a couple weeks ago and I'm still healing slowly, took a week off work for the swelling and I was still limping around by the time I went back to my job.

I know a few girls who had BOTH knees done in one session. I thought I was brave for getting mine done in one go, but one of these girls was on holiday at the time so was walking around after getting TWO knee tattoos!

I already have a rose on my right knee, but I have no idea what to do with my left. Do I want a matching rose? Do I want another type of flower? An animal??? Arghhhh

Love this! You should get another flower, I think. It would look excellent.

I haven't decided what to do with my knees. Also, reading these pain stories makes me not in a hurry to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Love this! You should get another flower, I think. It would look excellent.

I haven't decided what to do with my knees. Also, reading these pain stories makes me not in a hurry to do it.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my knee started on Thursday and he got through the ouline and the shading. I actually didn't think it was as bad as I'd expected. I took the next day off from work because I wasn't going to be able to walk or get through track practice easily (plus, you know, it was a Friday so why not?). As it turned out, it wasn't as bad as I expected. I actually went for a short run on Friday, then full on eight and ten milers the next two days. I'm not sure if it'll be this easy when he hits the whole thing with color, but we'll see!

1 minute ago, suburbanxcore said:

I got my knee started on Thursday and he got through the ouline and the shading. I actually didn't think it was as bad as I'd expected. I took the next day off from work because I wasn't going to be able to walk or get through track practice easily (plus, you know, it was a Friday so why not?). As it turned out, it wasn't as bad as I expected. I actually went for a short run on Friday, then full on eight and ten milers the next two days. I'm not sure if it'll be this easy when he hits the whole thing with color, but we'll see!

my knees and elbows were not as bad as I expected either,not too bad.

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2016 at 11:08 AM, exume said:

Knees are no joke, Chad did one of mine a couple weeks ago and I'm still healing slowly, took a week off work for the swelling and I was still limping around by the time I went back to my job.

Chad Koeplinger? He just did mine about a month ago. It was a blessing that he's stupidly fast and a curse that he is so heavy handed. But at the end of the day, I think that was the best way to go. 1.5 hour large knee tattoo... yes please! Git'r done! And I also limped for close to 5 days. The first 3 I could barely walk. It's going to be awhile before I do my other knee for sure...