f33f39bcaddc11e1a9f71231382044a1_6.jpg

Smoking!!

came to post this picture. these are both really awesome.

also, this one is pretty cool:

7075d1328912368-knee-tattoooo-knees.jpg

Currently healing a sun and moon pair of knees from Trevor Taylor at Liberty Tattoo in Seattle... based on some Bert Grimm flash (his idea).

i'd really like to get spider webs around me knees with something in the middle. such an awesome design.

download.jpg

My knee and shin dine by Danny Reed at Hot Stuff in Asheville, NC.

That's some sick shit right there! If your knee was anything like mine were, you ain't feeling any too sprightly about now!!!

Don't wanna come on like some comp geek, but you don't need to use the insert image function, that's where ya got the extra ubbc hash from...delete that an your pic will still come up.

That's some sick shit right there! If your knee was anything like mine were, you ain't feeling any too sprightly about now!!!

Don't wanna come on like some comp geek, but you don't need to use the insert image function, that's where ya got the extra ubbc hash from...delete that an your pic will still come up.

Thanks man I am really happy with the way it came out, and I would go a little further than not sprightly and say just plain horrible! And thanks for the tip I am not to tech savvy.

• 4 weeks later...
@Jennifer Stell

Cool - I like the rose in particular. I spent most of a tattoo session recently looking at a huge framed sheet of flash by Richard hanging on the wall in the studio... Dozens of little designs: Insects, reapers, cat heads etc. Made the time pass alot easier!

You're talking about the Porkchop sheet he painted and we started a run of prints in 2010 at the SFO show... Still have a couple.. and yeah Richard has done like 7 or 8 Rosey Knees that I can think of on a bunch of Dallas ladies...

It's pretty and it's not a symmetrical nightmare..

I got this skull and rose on my kneecap around 2 years ago and have already had to get it touched up twice. Its a kneecap so obviously its going to fade because its shitty skin, however I'm not sure if this happens more rapidly due to working on the deck plates of a ship. I'm looking to get my other knee done and originally was planning on another skull but after seeing how badly this one holds up I'm not too sure anymore. How are your experiences with a colored piece vs a black and grey on the kneecap? I just don't want to have to touch up both knees every damn year because lets face it... they aren't the most fun place to get tattooed lol :p

asfdasfas_thumb.png

I got this skull and rose on my kneecap around 2 years ago and have already had to get it touched up twice. Its a kneecap so obviously its going to fade because its shitty skin, however I'm not sure if this happens more rapidly due to working on the deck plates of a ship. I'm looking to get my other knee done and originally was planning on another skull but after seeing how badly this one holds up I'm not too sure anymore. How are your experiences with a colored piece vs a black and grey on the kneecap? I just don't want to have to touch up both knees every damn year because lets face it... they aren't the most fun place to get tattooed lol :p

asfdasfas_thumb.png

Kneepads, son, kneepads!

I have aset of SWAT entry-gear knee/shin/instep protectors that I use sparrring that are outstanding. Fully suspended shell, shock absorbing lining, you could kneel on the deck holystoning all day and never notice it. And from the way my knees felt, I ain't EVER gon touch 'em up!

@CaptCanada gotta wait n see.....

On several occasions have fallen skateboarding and/or other mishaps from lil scrapes to big bloody ones on tattoos and it's always a waiting game. Once fell skateboarding with a twelve pack of bottles and that tattoo on my hip is pretty jacked. Elbows have been fine as far as I can see. Knuckles hit n miss healing. Stomach/front of ribs from surfing for long hours getting a rash that would lead to bleeding is hit n miss in spots (matter of fact healing from Cabo now)...some healed fine while others didn't.

Take pictures now n then after n share with us.....

@CaptCanada gotta wait n see.....

On several occasions have fallen skateboarding and/or other mishaps from lil scrapes to big bloody ones on tattoos and it's always a waiting game. Once fell skateboarding with a twelve pack of bottles and that tattoo on my hip is pretty jacked. Elbows have been fine as far as I can see. Knuckles hit n miss healing. Stomach/front of ribs from surfing for long hours getting a rash that would lead to bleeding is hit n miss in spots (matter of fact healing from Cabo now)...some healed fine while others didn't.

Take pictures now n then after n share with us.....

I was also wondering this. My knees get pretty banged up from longboarding (sliding) and might actually wear kneepads when I get my knees tattooed. I caused a fair bit of damage from pavement on skin

@CaptCanada

I took a bike spill 2 years ago. I was trying to impress this girl on one of our first dates by catwalking down the bike path (it worked, we are still together 2 years later!). It was a decent catwalk until the bmx came flying out below me and i crashed with my knee breaking the fall. The knee cap scabbed over and lost a small chunk out of the centre, knee got banged up pretty good. The knee tattoo design is a flower and the chunk happened to be dead centre, so while there is ink missing it isn't too noticeable. I'm working on knee/thigh pieces adding onto the damaged knee tattoo now, it will get re-touched in one of the upcoming sessions.

• 6 months later...

I'm thinking about my knees lately...

Am pondering whether I want to go matching or not matching and if not matching same artist or different artist...

I'm more afraid of the knees than any other piece of the squidpants so I'm kind of wanting to get it over with!!

Since I'm only 3 months at a time in any one place, if I were going to go with one artist to do both, I'd need to be planning ahead for that... but if I decided that they could be done by different people it wouldn't matter as much.

I think that I kind of lean towards matching - not identical necessarily but keeping to a certain style/theme - so probably same artist. I'm totally too chicken to do them both at once!!

What do you guys think?