I'm going for the whole "symmetry" thing. Thought about getting my knees done during the same session. Sounds like the stupidest idea ever.

But I'm down.

To take a week off from work.

Because I won't be able to walk.

Haha after I read this I looked over at your profile pic and just imagined you sitting on a couch With the same expression on your face

I'm going for the whole "symmetry" thing. Thought about getting my knees done during the same session. Sounds like the stupidest idea ever.

But I'm down.

To take a week off from work.

Because I won't be able to walk.

I'm finding that it's easier to walk the day after a knee cap tattoo than the day after a knee ditch tattoo. Horitaka once told me not to do both of my knee ditches the same day, because then I wouldn't be able to limp. He is a wise man.

@hogg Agreed! My first knee ditch heal I was pirate-walking for a week. It was the most painful heal ever, while my kneecap itself was just kind of sore and swollen.

So you're saying that the half-mile walks to my daughter's pre-school tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday will be filled with fun?

• 2 weeks later...

@Dan

Looks like you used a tegaderm patch on your knee to cover it up afterwards... I did the same thing - really excellent, you can practically forget it's there. I took a few big pieces back with me from the states and I've used them for various awkward to cover places like the feet. I don't think we really have anything entirely comparable here.

Did anyone else have a worse time on the kneecap then the ditch of the knee? I was practically chair ridden for 2 days after I got my knee done haha. Sometime's i'd go to get up and just fall because my knee gave out it was a real fun time. I hardly even noticed the back of the knee and had no problems walking.

@Dan

Looks like you used a tegaderm patch on your knee to cover it up afterwards... I did the same thing - really excellent, you can practically forget it's there. I took a few big pieces back with me from the states and I've used them for various awkward to cover places like the feet. I don't think we really have anything entirely comparable here.

yes,similar stuff,it's Saniderm,I swear by it.

I bought a roll of it and always take it with me when getting work done.

http://saniderm.com/

I'll bet they ship to your part of the world.

Did anyone else have a worse time on the kneecap then the ditch of the knee? I was practically chair ridden for 2 days after I got my knee done haha. Sometime's i'd go to get up and just fall because my knee gave out it was a real fun time. I hardly even noticed the back of the knee and had no problems walking.

NO. I have both kneecaps done and I got my knee ditch done two weeks ago today. It still has scabs, and hurt way longer than my kneecaps. At least stairs were navigable with my kneecaps.

NO. I have both kneecaps done and I got my knee ditch done two weeks ago today. It still has scabs, and hurt way longer than my kneecaps. At least stairs were navigable with my kneecaps.

How weird... I did a 40 mile bike ride the day after I got my knee ditch done and it didn't even bother me. It had a fair amount of work done on it too not like spiderwebs or anything that would be easy. Guess I got lucky on that one haha.

How weird... I did a 40 mile bike ride the day after I got my knee ditch done and it didn't even bother me. It had a fair amount of work done on it too not like spiderwebs or anything that would be easy. Guess I got lucky on that one haha.

Further proof that it's different for everyone. I don't see pics of your knee ditches. What did you get? I got this moth smack dab in the middle of my ditch.

Further proof that it's different for everyone. I don't see pics of your knee ditches. What did you get? I got this moth smack dab in the middle of my ditch.

That moth's rad man! I just got one myself 3 weeks ago as well. It's kind of a 2 part piece because it wraps around. I don't think I posted a pic of my moth yet either so i'll include it as well lol.

That moth's rad man! I just got one myself 3 weeks ago as well. It's kind of a 2 part piece because it wraps around. I don't think I posted a pic of my moth yet either so i'll include it as well lol.

Those are all awesome! You are filling in that leg so nicely.

I can say both front and back of the knee was brutal, but in a different way. The front of my knee didn't get any scabs at all but around it...different story. The skin was so damn tight it was kinda ridiculous. I walked with a limp for a week or two. The back of the knee just scabbed over like holy hell. The whole ditch was a millimeter or two thick of just scab city.

Yea key to knee ditch is to not ever wear jeans (silk suit pants are preferable to everything), or short gym shorts so the fabric doesn't touch the area. I worked out a system for the knees, as they suck so bad with my daily long walking commute up and down stairs, etc in NYC.

Really did a good job filling out those legs! I'm almost there myself.

Yea key to knee ditch is to not ever wear jeans (silk suit pants are preferable to everything), or short gym shorts so the fabric doesn't touch the area. I worked out a system for the knees, as they suck so bad with my daily long walking commute up and down stairs, etc in NYC.

I wear jeans every day, and in SF, I walk a ton, including lots of stairs. Basically, failure multiplied.

• 8 months later...