@Graeme Thanks buddy! Chad's awesome (and super fast, which is really nice when you're having a tough spot done)

What are you thinking of getting, and who do you have in mind to do it?

Chad did most of my shin in under two hours which wasn't too bad, though I remember thinking at the time that numbness is a really wonderful thing.

Me and @Pugilist are going to Barcelona and I'm hoping to get tattooed by El Monga or one of the other Aloha guys. If it happens I'll just pick something off the wall and stick it on my legs, but I was wondering if one of those bat heads or something similar on the knee was not a completely idiotic option.

So reading this thread, I'm getting the impression that getting my knees tattooed while on vacation is a really bad idea, right? Especially if a good part of said vacation will involve walking around a lot?

Oh lord, no...

The knees are rough. I didn't want to walk *anywhere* not even from the couch to the kitchen for a couple days after mine.

Although I haven't had my knees done (yet), I will say that Barcelona is a supremely walk-able city. Missing the opportunity to cruise around such an awesome place would probably be a bummer. Almost as much of a bummer as not stopping in to the beautiful Aloha Tattoos Barcelona. That place rules!

Get the ol' knee done the day before you leave for home?

@9Years I was in Barcelona four years ago and it's such an amazing place I don't want to have the vacation ruined by my poor life choices, especially when I have so much open space elsewhere. Knees, feet, and other places that are going to restrict my mobility for a few days are unfortunately going to have to wait until I'm in a job that doesn't require me to be on my feet in a physically active job.

@TrixieFaux This is very special ham, and in any case, tattoos will happen, just not in places that will keep me from walking.

I might get my knee done tomorrow. I've had a couple of ideas, but I can't decide!

I was thinking I might get a devil head, but I've got a hot stuff near my ankle and I'm thinking that might be too much devil. I've also seriously considered a buffalo head. Or a bear. Maybe a bear's head. I've spent the last few days pouring over books and images. Having a hard time with this one.

Monga is aswsome. I live in barcelona so i went two days ago to Aloha and spoke with him about an idea i have for my tight that im planning on doing in November or so ( not with this heat for sure)

I also have that bat heads flash he did last year but i still need to frame it. Great shop and great guys.

I got tattoed there by Carlo and David

• 2 weeks later...

I got my knee done on vacation in Chicago and it didn't really slow me down to be honest. Tegaderm helped cover it after, because the knee is an awkward spot.

But having been tattooed by Chad before I bet a kneecap by him is somewhat more ... thorough... of an experience.

Could you get tattooed on your second last day, @Graeme ? Always a neat trick... You have your sight-seeing done by then.

I tried to get tattooed at Aloha last year but it was mysteriously closed the day I tried... Unlucky. It's in, IMO, the best part of the city. I found a little bar serving craft on tap (BrewDog, oddly) and spent the evening imbibing instead.