I only just found this thread.. awesome stuff. enjoying it. As I had all Japanese stuff on my lower legs I wanted to create a clean finish around the knee. Yushi Takei suggested to use an onigawara mask which I find spot on. Had my left knee done in a 4.5hr session which was ok but had to do some DYI the next weekend which was a bad idea as my knee was swollen and looked like an elephant knee.. but hey, was worth it. Right knee was done by Mo Coppoletta and healed all well.

knees_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this is a dumb question no doubt but figured I'd put it out there. I'm considering getting my knees done next. I work as a nursing assistant, so I'm standing/walking a lot. The most I can get off for healing is 2 full days after the tattoo (so say I get it Friday, I'll have all of Sat and Sun off.) MAYBE 3 days if I call in sick. If I get both done at the same time, is that a good amount of time for the aches/swelling to go away? I'm not concerned about the external/surface/skin pain or scabbing, more the post-tattoo swelling/muscle pain.

I've got a pretty solid pain tollerance. My concern is function.

Anyway, I'm thinking "NO, just do 1 at a time" but thought I'd ask anyway. Maybe I'm over reacting? There's a good reason for getting both at once vs. different days/weeks that I won't get into. But whatever. Anyone do both at the same time? How'd that go?

Haha so 1 at a time. Again "NO DUH!" but figured I'd see what others had happen. Main reason was the guy I was wanting to do it won't be in town long so I thought about it. Also I wanted them done before summer hit. I hate getting tattooed in the summer and wanted them nice and healed for the season. I'll wait it out and get something else somewhere a little more familiar then.

If my job was at a desk all day I might suffer through it but since I'm on my feet for 80% of the shift I'm not going to screw myself like that.

one bad thing about getting them done in separate sessions is going in to the 2nd one knowing how bad the first one sucked... like, "fuck... were we go again!"

that being said, my 2nd one healed better than my first because at least i knew what to expect.

I had to travel after I got mine done, left a trail of scabs from Chi to Seattle and back.

Yeah, it's not THAT serious. I want something by the dude, figured this would be cool, but I have other ideas for easier parts. Plus there's other's I can have do my knees who are around here. I'm in Chicago, plenty of talent to choose from. Thanks for the insight.

Yeah, it's not THAT serious. I want something by the dude, figured this would be cool, but I have other ideas for easier parts. Plus there's other's I can have do my knees who are around here. I'm in Chicago, plenty of talent to choose from. Thanks for the insight.

Nick Colella at CTC did mine.

I got one done and I'm glad I didn't get the other at the same time.

Healing it was much tougher than anything else I've got so far and even with just the one I was limping around pretty bad for at least a week.

hey @else, it would be cool to see a picture of your legs to see how the squid pants are coming... also I think it would be cool to see all those awesome tattoos in relation to each other

• 1 month later...