Earthquake in virginia........

jinxproof1996

i cancelled my tat appointments because i almost died in the earthquake. well, i mean a book landed near me and a few of my pictures were crooked. i think i need an indefinite leave of absence due to work related trauma. think i can get a government supplement?? that is all.

We felt it all the way up here in CT, it was just a little shaking for a few seconds but the news would have you believe the world was coming to an end. My buddy and I had just gotten on our Harleys when we felt it and we said "oh well, it's over now let's ride."

i cancelled my tat appointments because i almost died in the earthquake. well, i mean a book landed near me and a few of my pictures were crooked. i think i need an indefinite leave of absence due to work related trauma. think i can get a government supplement?? that is all.

Claim PTSD and get on the next flight out here.....

Apparently people all the way up here in Canada felt it.... I didn't notice anything, then again I was in a hundred+ year old house all day and it's always a little shaky in there... I guess it was pretty strong in some areas though, I heard reports of 8.5 magnitude..

Funny. One of my best friends from Philly is out here visiting. She lived here in San Francisco and Oakland for about 10 years, but moved back for more affordability regarding buying a home. Her wife called to say that the hospital she works at in Philly was being evacuated. When I first moved out here, lots of people asked me if I was afraid of the earthquakes. Almost everything out here's retrofitted to be earthquake safe or built that way in the first place. I'm not saying that I want the whole east coast to crumble to the ground or anything, but would be ironic.

I know that the east coast isn't built for earthquakes, but common its only a 5.8, thats like the bread and butter out here (check we get them that strong daily).....

That being said the key thing is that it had a depth of 6 km, that is very close. If you remember the Christchurch earthquake in February that had a depth of 5 km. Okay enough of my joking around, you guys probably have to all your knickknacks back in order.

My apartment shakes throughout the day so at first I just thought it was extra shaky. Was weird though to get up to hold a few bottles from falling and see the place swaying. Before I found out it was a small one I was "going to talk to my landlords about the general safety of the apartment!" Pretty weird though.

Also, the east coast is in for it if we ever do get a real one. Nothings built here to withstand 'em!

That's the great thing about out here. Even the big one we had on 3/11 I was sleeping when it started. Woke up noticed things were shaking a little bit, thought to myself "ohh it's just a earthquake, it will end soon" but it kept going and seem'd to be getting stronger. Got up put on some pants and looked outside. Every tree looked like king kong was shaking them, opened my window and thought okay this is a big quake if this building starts falling I'm jumping outside. My apartment is only 3 stories and I live on the first floor, but you really couldn't feel the earthquake.

You all on the other hand are fucked if a stronger earthquake happens.

I was down the shore at my cousin's house,and was standing in his living room,and my grandmother was sitting in one of those plastic white chairs.Well she had her cane leaned against the wall,and it fell on the floor,and her chair started to shake.I thought the house was haunted..She was like what's going on someone's shaking the chair.It was pretty funny because she kept on turning around to see who was shaking her chair,and there was nobody there.