Idea. Any drawers?

Mtnman19

I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for years but never like any art I've seen. Guessing this is most people. I do have an idea if someone(s) would be willing drawing a rough draft, for multiple source materials. 

Aso if you're a tattooist in the Springfield Missouri area, or Davenport Iowa area, and would like to throw me an idea let me know. I'm sure like everyone else, I'm extremely picking about wanting quality work. 

Ok, so my idea is a skeleton, ribcage mostly, at the bottom of the ocean, some coral, maybe kelp, with an octopus in the ribcage, looking out, upper left side an arm holding onto the skull, center right another arm holding onto a heart. This would prob be a back piece for detail/size. Maybe some color, heart, couple random corals. Any takers on a quick sketch? And takers around those areas to do it and sketch it?

Welcome. This site is for tattoo enthusiasts.  The best thing you can do is look for a competent tattoo artist and discuss your ideas with them. Ask friends who is good, look on line, go to a tattoo convention. Good artists aren’t cheap and are usually booked out for a month or two (or more).

I’d also watch a couple of seasons of ink master - fast forward to the critiques; you’ll learn what to look for in a good tattoo. You’ll also see some great tattoos and some awful tattoos. Learn the difference.

Good luck!

On 8/13/2022 at 12:21 AM, Mtnman19 said:

I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for years but never like any art I've seen. Guessing this is most people. I do have an idea if someone(s) would be willing drawing a rough draft, for multiple source materials. 

Aso if you're a tattooist in the Springfield Missouri area, or Davenport Iowa area, and would like to throw me an idea let me know. I'm sure like everyone else, I'm extremely picking about wanting quality work. 

Ok, so my idea is a skeleton, ribcage mostly, at the bottom of the ocean, some coral, maybe kelp, with an octopus in the ribcage, looking out, upper left side an arm holding onto the skull, center right another arm holding onto a heart. This would prob be a back piece for detail/size. Maybe some color, heart, couple random corals. Any takers on a quick sketch? And takers around those areas to do it and sketch it?

that's not me, I think about a tattoo before I get for about an hour, many of my tattoos were spur of the moment , sometimes on several tattoos I didn't even know what I was getting until I got in the chair, also some of mine were flash off the wall.

58374648_2406691816042313_7006336938298834944_n.jpg

Edited by Dan

6 hours ago, Mtnman19 said:

I think you probably need to make an appointment with a tattooist and get a sketch done. If you haven’t found anything you like so far you obviously have something in mind but you won’t know it till you see it on paper. I would try not to overthink it too, it is important to get what you want but there are limitations. I’m sure a good artist will be able to create something you are happy with. Good luck!

4 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Welcome. This site is for tattoo enthusiasts.  The best thing you can do is look for a competent tattoo artist and discuss your ideas with them. Ask friends who is good, look on line, go to a tattoo convention. Good artists aren’t cheap and are usually booked out for a month or two (or more).

I’d also watch a couple of seasons of ink master - fast forward to the critiques; you’ll learn what to look for in a good tattoo. You’ll also see some great tattoos and some awful tattoos. Learn the difference.

Good luck!

I understand what this site is for. I like art and the differences and designs people come up with. I've seen plenty of good and bad. I'm just looking for some basic ideas on paper. Multiple ideas can have different things I wouldn't have thought of. Of course each tattooist will do their own art, but if I can get more sketches here, than driving around forever, why not

As often happens on the internet, you got advice you don’t like. Some of the people giving that advice have several hundred hours experience getting tattooed.

I re-read your post. You’re right about so many items being a back piece. Depending on how detailed it is, this would probably run 35+ hours. A good artist is going to be $100 or more an hour. depending on how well you sit it could run 8 or more sessions. Most people find the back painful. It’s hard to care for just because it’s hard to reach some spots. That’s a huge commitment for a first tattoo.

Here’s some more advice you won’t like. Get a smaller tattoo on an easy place like your bicep first so you have some idea what you are getting in to.

Edited by Hogrider

On 8/13/2022 at 11:32 AM, Mtnman19 said:

I understand what this site is for. I like art and the differences and designs people come up with. I've seen plenty of good and bad. I'm just looking for some basic ideas on paper. Multiple ideas can have different things I wouldn't have thought of. Of course each tattooist will do their own art, but if I can get more sketches here, than driving around forever, why not

That is not a thing. Any decent tattoo artist isn't going to take some rando sketch and tattoo it on you. Talk to tattoo artists. Learn what makes a good tattoo. No one here is going to sketch for you because that is not how any of this works.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2022 at 12:51 PM, Mtnman19 said:

You have a good concept. I would like to see your tattoo. I am waiting for your photo and till then I will visit https://studyclerk.com/pay-for-research-paper here because I need assistance from a qualified essay writer to complete my essay projects. I am not very good at writing essays, so I always choose to take help from an online essay writer for assistance. I want a tattoo and that is why I am gathering information online on tattoos because it is my first time.

You have a good concept. I would like to see your tattoo. If you got one, please share it with us :)

Edited by ValerieMiller