UFO's for real?!?

Jaycel Adkins

We have to remember that UFO means Unidentified flying object. I throw a rock and you cant make it what it is = Unidentified flying object. And the theme is the same as in all of the shows where experts and "experts" give their account on what happened. Speculation and few "convincing" picture.

I suggest some reading.

Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

I myself just bought

Seth Shostak - Confessions of an Alien Hunter: A Scientist's Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence

Amazon.com: Confessions of an Alien Hunter: A Scientist's Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (9781426203923): Seth Shostak: Books

Both are (Sagan was) REAL scientists.

I agree, which is what made this report/book/show catch my eye. These are pretty serious people, pilots, scientists, politicians, who have everything to lose by talking about such a subject, but still do.

There are some serious scientist who are on the other side of course, such as the late John E. Mack, as a clear example:

From wikipedia:

In 1994, the Dean of Harvard Medical School appointed a committee of peers to confidentially review Mack's clinical care and clinical investigation of the people who had shared their alien encounters with him (some of their cases were written of in Mack's 1994 book Abduction). In the same BBC article cited above, Angela Hind wrote, "It was the first time in Harvard's history that a tenured professor was subjected to such an investigation." Mack described the investigation as "Kafkaesque": he never quite knew the status of the ongoing investigation, and the nature of his critics' complaints shifted frequently, as most of their accusations against him proved baseless when closely scrutinized. Because the committee was not a disciplinary committee, it was not governed by any established rules of procedure; the presentation of a defense was therefore difficult and costly for Mack.

Amid the public revelation of the existence of the committee, there were growing questions from the academic community (including Harvard Professor of Law Alan Dershowitz) regarding the validity of Harvard's investigation of a tenured professor who was not suspected of ethics violations or professional misconduct. Concluding the fourteen-month investigation, Harvard then issued a statement stating that the Dean had "reaffirmed Dr. Mack's academic freedom to study what he wishes and to state his opinions without impediment," concluding "Dr. Mack remains a member in good standing of the Harvard Faculty of Medicine." (Mack was censured for some methodological errors.) He had received legal help from Roderick MacLeish and Daniel P. Sheehan (of the Pentagon Papers case)[5], and the support of Laurance Rockefeller, who also funded Mack's Center for four consecutive years at $250,000 per year.[6]

Of course, Dr. Mack field was about abduction rather than UFOs.

I'm a contrarian by nature, so finds the notion pretty intriguing.

Plus, I agree with dcostello's sentiment, wouldn't be pretty fucking cool!!

edit:

And who can refute the clear logic of John Hodgman: