Texkota

Hello all, new to the forums here. I currently have six tats and I'm getting my first "large" piece starting in two weeks. The piece will cover the entire right side of my chest and down my right arm forming a half sleeve. I usually tip 25% when I get tattoed, but I'm wondering what's proper etiquette when getting a large piece that takes multiple sittings? Do I tip every sitting or when the tattoo is finished? Thanks for the advice.

Kevin

If I were you i would just tip every session, honestly it really doesn't matter but I have found in my experience if anyone is going to stiff you it's the guy who says he's going to tip you fat at the end of the tattoo. Not that you would do that but anytime I hear I got you at the end I wonder. The other thing is if you tip as you go it helps you budget more for the tattoo instead of having to come up with another x amount of dollars at the end of the tattoo you have already taken care of it. At our shop the tattooers use tip money for entertainment so it is nice to get a little bit every day, even though tipping is not required. I have never really calculated what the % I tip but 25% seems like a generous tip.

Welcome to LST and thanks for joining the site. We look forward to seeing your tattoo pictures and the progress of your new tattoo as you get it going. Who is doing it? What is it?

As for the tipping, it is a great question as tipping your tattooer is a good thing, however, we don't discuss finances and tattooers on this site. Here is a thread that may help you some, Good Tattoo Customer Etiquette.

See you around the site....