How to prevent acne around healing tattoos

Spandoria

So whenever I get a tattoo on my torso I end up getting quite a bit of acne around the tattoos. I'd assume its from constantly applying moisturizer, It never has any overall problems on the outcome of the tattoo. My main problem is whenever a tattoo takes multiple sessions. I just got one a week about on my stomach and am scheduled to get the shading done in a week, however I have a bit of acne starting to form around it. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to properly moisturize my new tattoos while also preventing acne. 

If it helps my current aftercare routine is to wash it 3 times a day and apply either cetaphil or Lubriderm until it peels. Then once it does I tend to drop down to twice a day for the next week then I tend to treat it like any other tattoo. 

I am confused by saying you're not really sure what you're meant to do.  Why didn't you follow the aftercare given by your tattooist? That pretty much sums it up, and sets you on the way for how you will possibly look after your future tattoos. 

But yeah, I agree sounds like you're putting too much cream on it, or whatever it is that you use for your aftercare treatment. I know everyone has their own ways of tattoo aftercare, but if you follow the tattooist's aftercare, then you'll be fine. Don't go rogue.