Great Performances on YouTube

Jaycel Adkins

From one of the best magazine profiles I have ever read, like ever.

Once upon a time, Mister Rogers went to New York City and got caught in the rain. He didn't have an umbrella, and he couldn't find a taxi, either, so he ducked with a friend into the subway and got on one of the trains. It was late in the day, and the train was crowded with children who were going home from school. Though of all races, the schoolchildren were mostly black and Latino, and they didn't even approach Mister Rogers and ask him for his autograph. They just sang. They sang, all at once, all together, the song he sings at the start of his program, "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" and turned the clattering train into a single soft, runaway choir.

- Tom Junod, "Can you say...Hero?"

Full article here: Pittsburgh in Words - Can You Say ... 'Hero'? by Tom Junod

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Iwar im coming for you. Ill need some advice on shops to get work done at while im there pal.

Cool! How long are you staying for? I'll be happy to help you out with whatever, so don't hesitate to ask! You, me and Robin should hook up over a couple beers, then we can say we had an official Norwegian LST get-together, haha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...