Thoughts on getting tattooed again

purplelace

It's been early 2019, since was last tattooed. Then Covid happened and all that followed. Between it and personal things going on, I have not been able to get tattooed since then. 

But lately, I have been thinking about getting tattooed again. I have some vague ideas, but have spent the past few days, looking on instagram at tattoos, for inspiration, to give me a more solid idea. I've also been looking at tattooists, not just in Northern Ireland, but also in the South of Ireland. I am not yet sure what my next tattoo(s), will be, or who will tattoo them, but I have space on my body for new work, also could get some space fillers done, so that is not a problem.  Though I am starting to form more solid tattoo ideas, which is good. 

Stupid life getting in the way of getting tattooed! 😂

One of the ideas, I have is a broken chain being held together by a hand, but not sure, still very much in the "idea forming" stage. 

Edited by purplelace
To add idea for a tattoo.

2 hours ago, purplelace said:

Yeah, that's true. I think I might sketch out some ideas, I have found out that even my crappy rough sketches, can help me focus on what direction to go for tattoos. 

Thanks @Simong in a way, you have helped 🙂

No worries @purplelace yeah even rough ideas could turn into something. Once you know roughly what you want then you can start narrowing down your search. There are no end of designs to look at these days with the internet and social media. Good luck with your search! 👍

After I went offline last night, I sketched a rough idea, this morning, am like "nah! That's rubbish" Well not exactly rubbish, just not what I am looking for.  But it did give me a good starting point, so I am going to re-sketch it, with a few changes. 

@SimongThis is not the first time I've gone down this route for getting tattooed, am sure it won't be the last. I know I will get there. There is no rush to getting tattooed anyway.

Edited by purplelace

Earlier today, did a few more sketches. After a few attempts, I think I have got one that is near to what I have in my head. So am happy about that. 

Also took time to look at other tattooists in Belfast and a bit further afield. Not only for what I have in mind, but for potential gap filler ideas for legs.  Still don't know where I am going to get the sketched tattoo done, but that's a minor detail. 

On 8/22/2022 at 9:26 AM, purplelace said:

After I went offline last night, I sketched a rough idea, this morning, am like "nah! That's rubbish" Well not exactly rubbish, just not what I am looking for.  But it did give me a good starting point, so I am going to re-sketch it, with a few changes. 

@SimongThis is not the first time I've gone down this route for getting tattooed, am sure it won't be the last. I know I will get there. There is no rush to getting tattooed anyway.

You are spot on mate, that’s the thing most people seem to forget. There’s no rush to get tattooed. When the right design comes to you then you will know. It takes as long as it takes. 👍

Thanks, yeah it's important for me to take my time, I have two valid spaces for tattoos, the rest of space on my legs, will be for space fillers. 

I am running out of space, so in a way I suppose I want to take my time that bit more, if that makes sense? Enjoy this process of looking at ideas, and looking at potential tattooists. 

No rush, better to take time and get it right. I don't want to mess up the look of my legs, for the sake of rushing.

So I have a big-ish space on back of left leg, behind the knee & that thigh. Thinking of getting another Diablo tattoo, or at least a Diablo tattoo, with maybe a few tweaks. 

Still lots to think about, I do like this stage and when space is at a "premium", it is all the more important to take the time. Or as some of my friends state-side say, "you're running low on real estate on your legs!" lol

• 1 month later...

I currently have 2 neck tattoos that I want to add to but... it collides with my plan to join the Marine Corps (I wanted to do so by 2024). Right now they don't accept any neck tattoos and I'm waiting for them to relax the policy similar to other branches. My friend who is in the military told me he heard they gonna allow it from 2022 but we're nearly in 2023 and nothing has changed so I know the frustration. I already have a project in mind regarding connecting the two tatts but waiting on whether they update their policy soon to do that.

On 10/6/2022 at 4:31 PM, USninja said:

I currently have 2 neck tattoos that I want to add to but... it collides with my plan to join the Marine Corps (I wanted to do so by 2024). Right now they don't accept any neck tattoos and I'm waiting for them to relax the policy similar to other branches. My friend who is in the military told me he heard they gonna allow it from 2022 but we're nearly in 2023 and nothing has changed so I know the frustration. I already have a project in mind regarding connecting the two tatts but waiting on whether they update their policy soon to do that.

may be a long wait . . . 

• 3 weeks later...

It was 30 years between my tattoo sessions.

I have been inspired by life events. If inspiration is needed, I always look back over the years for a point of struggle or victory. Bringing real meaning to anything I put on my body makes it a real investment.

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2022 at 4:26 AM, purplelace said:

With both of my tattoos I spent weeks sketching and reworking my ideas till I was happy and sure with my idea. And I still waited a few weeks living with the piece before I committed.   I have several more ideas I'm working on and will  probably so the same with them.  

I can relate to where you’re at! I have a gap on my forearm I want to fill, and I know the style I want, but I just have no clue what the tattoo will be yet. I could just go pick an awesome flash piece by my favorite artist (and that’s totally cool too!) , but for me it’s best to mull it over and wait until something just pops out at you and you have the feeling of “yes! That’s my tattoo!” That’s usually when I decide to book an appointment. 

keep looking at inspiration photos and you’ll get there! No rush anyway. 

On 12/14/2022 at 11:50 AM, Hogrider said:

Nobody wants to go to your shitty web site.

Yeah. I reported his bullshit post as spam.

On 12/15/2022 at 8:12 AM, Blue Tattoo said:

With both of my tattoos I spent weeks sketching and reworking my ideas till I was happy and sure with my idea. And I still waited a few weeks living with the piece before I committed.   I have several more ideas I'm working on and will  probably so the same with them.  

Eventually you'll stop obsessing and just get tattooed. Life is too short.