When asked for tattoo advice

purplelace

Okay, so this is a bit of a rant.  

As most of you know, I have got a lot of tattoos. It's not uncommon for people who have none, to ask for me advice about getting tattooed. This, I don't mind, because I'd rather they ask than go and get something they're not happy with. 

This person in particular asked me a ton of questions, which I politely answered.  I am by no means an expert, don't claim to be, but told them basic stuff, like make sure where they go to are reputable, registered, and so on. Told them to think about the design they want and placement. Told them all about the etiquette of going into a tattooists, how to behave there, and so on.  Told them at the consultation, to listen to the tattooist who is going to tattoo them, because they will know best.  They showed me a design, on their phone. Told them a design would need to be on paper, they asked why. I explained. 

Basically I answered all their questions, did my best to help them out.  Anyway, they went to see a tattooist for a consultation, afterwards, they told me, they told the tattooist they'd have to sort out time off work to get tattooed, but they'd be in touch with them later in the week. 

Then what did they do?

They got tattooed by a scratcher! And now apparently it's my fault. 

I don't even have the words, why do people do this? 

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, just.... gah! You know? 

Edited by purplelace

• purplelace changed the title to When asked for tattoo advice