Hurricane Irene

slayer9019

I am surprised there is no thread on this already. Anyone on the east coast about to get hit by it? Im over here 10 miles from NYC at the moment. New Jersey is shutting down a bunch of roads and NYC shut down all public transport earlier today. Seems like it's going to bit of a shit-show. Biggest hurricane for the area in 100 years, as I've heard.

Glad Irene hopefully is going to turn out to be less that advertised.

Here in CT there was more damage from flooding than from the wind. Parts of CT got 10" of rain in less than 24 hrs. and many people lost their homes and posessions due to flooding. I live inland and got almost 8" and many streets were closed due to rivers overflowing, a few homes and cars were destroyed and there was at least one known fatality. So if it was less than advertised it sure still caused a hell of a lot of damage.

I recognize when it happens to you, it's more than advertised. No offense meant, Wedge, and apologies if what I said caused some.

No, it's cool but thanks. It's obviously been a long day didn't mean to sound so defensive. Actually you were right and technically by the time it hit up here it was "just" a tropical storm so it definitely could have been worse. Still an amazing amount of damage was done and almost 800,000 people are without power.