Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Ha, yes, I take a Benadryl or something similar when I get home from a tattoo...so I can get some sleep!

I did the exact same thing after this past Tuesday's session. I probably would have slept like a rock already having been worked over on the table for so long and I generally HATE taking pills. But with that said the Benedryl is two-fold, helps me sleep and also to mitigate any allergic reaction I might have. Previously I spoke about contact dermatitis I had after getting work done on my thigh. Now I incorporate the anti-histamine into my post tattoo work routine to avoid any issues.

I did the exact same thing after this past Tuesday's session. I probably would have slept like a rock already having been worked over on the table for so long and I generally HATE taking pills. But with that said the Benedryl is two-fold, helps me sleep and also to mitigate any allergic reaction I might have. Previously I spoke about contact dermatitis I had after getting work done on my thigh. Now I incorporate the anti-histamine into my post tattoo work routine to avoid any issues.

Thomas recommended taking Aleve when we finished my arm to deal with the pain and to fight off any fever that can come with long, brutal sessions.

Back in Sweden. Thank you to @Mark Bee, @cltattooing, @chrisnoluck, @Johannes and all of you others who enjoyed the Rudy Fritsch-piece I got.

Today was one last tattoo and then I am taking a break until spring at least.

23c09140380511e3a46122000a9d0dc6_8.jpg

By Iain Mullen, the one and only.

Back of the knee, two hours of not so nice feelings. Very happy that it's over and with the result of course!

Thomas recommended taking Aleve when we finished my arm to deal with the pain and to fight off any fever that can come with long, brutal sessions.

I forgot to mention that my contact dermatitis was a combination of skin irritation from being shaved on the thigh, irritation from being tattooed...and maybe the stray cat hair or two that made it on to my pants. DAMNED cat is gonna be the death of me! ;)

I went to Chicago (first time!) for a very short work trip. However, I did manage to squeeze in an appointment with Nick Colella:

0478958a387d11e38dc722000a1fbcbc_8.jpg

He wedged my wife's name into a little spot below my left knee ditch and right under a girl head I got that looks just like her. I didn't tell her I was going to do it; when I got home last night, I said, "My leg hurts. Can you look at it for me?" Fortunately, she loves it as much as I do.

Nick was awesome. He did the whole thing in about 15 minutes, then I hung out and soaked in his beautiful shop for a while. Nick, Erik, Frank, and Matt were all super gracious and chatted with me for a long time. I can't recommend Great Lakes Tattoo highly enough. And they take walk-ins all day!

image_365856_thumb.jpg

Ashley Love at New York Adorned gave me this badass mermaid and anchor this afternoon at New York Adorned. I would see her again in a second for any traditional work I was looking for. Love her line work and her tattoo demeanor. Seek her out if you're in NYC and want quality traditional work, or phenomenal chubby girls - her chubby girls rock the house!!

- - - Updated - - -

image_365856_thumb.jpg

Ashley Love at New York Adorned gave me this badass mermaid and anchor this afternoon at New York Adorned. I would see her again in a second for any traditional work I was looking for. Love her line work and her tattoo demeanor. Seek her out if you're in NYC and want quality traditional work, or phenomenal chubby girls - her chubby girls rock the house!!