Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Great tattoo and congratulations! How was it?
It was pretty uncomfortable, but not terrible. I was nervous but everyone at the convention was really cool. Unfortunately now it is dripping and I don't know why.
Your first tattoo ever? Either way, that's one helluva keeper. Did he shade it by hand?
Yep, first ever. I did my research, and yes it's tebori.
Nice! Good to meet you yesterday too (I'm the one that asked if I could photograph you!)
Awesome, I can't complain about more opportunities to show people how cool it is.

Ah, so you're the one who got the Horimitsu kitsune! NICE!!!!! Assuming this was done at the NYC con? How was the session overall and your experience with Mitsu?
Yep, this was all at the NYC con. I emailed him and told him I would like a nine tailed fox and I like this drawing, and he told me to come in Saturday.

Horimitsu seems like a nice guy. He shook my hand when I arrived and left. He doesn't speak English well so sometimes I had to say things twice, but I was able to get across what I wanted. I asked if I should get it on my upper arm or lower leg. He looked at both and decided my leg would be easier. He enlarged the drawing with a photocopier when I asked him to. He knew what I meant when I told him I wanted it yellow but not too yellow. At the same time he also exercised his own judgement, which I'm grateful for because he knows his stuff. For example he told me blue wasn't a good color for the fox's eyes when I suggested it.

I watched him draw, he was really careful, precise and focused. When he was done I saw him count the tails to double check and make sure there are really nine of them. I was planning to ask him if I could keep the drawing when I was done, but by the time it was done I totally forgot. I guess it doesn't matter though, because I have the same drawing on my leg for the rest of my life.

I wasn't good at handling the pain, especially for the first couple hours. I probably moved way too much. I'm glad all the lines came out non-shaky despite that. It took 5 hours total including a few breaks. One of the guys working there (don't remember his name, sorry) gave me a rice dumpling during one of my breaks because there wasn't any food for sale at the con. The food helps with the pain. He also got me a Twix when I was done. He also answered some questions I had and even brought me my ipod so I wouldn't have to interrupt Mitsu to get it myself.

There were a lot of people gathered around the booth watching me get the tattoo. I thought that would bother me because I'm a shy person in general, but I was so distracted by the pain I didn't care at all. Also the tattoo is so great I kind of wanted everyone to see it. I chatted a bit with the guys getting tattooed by Shunho right next to me, and some other people. There's kind of a sense of comradery in the place because we're all interested in tattoos, which is cool. I left shortly after it was done though because I was pretty tired.

So, overall, Horimitsu is a nice guy and the experience was great.

I wasn't good at handling the pain, especially for the first couple hours. I probably moved way too much. I'm glad all the lines came out non-shaky despite that. It took 5 hours total including a few breaks. One of the guys working there (don't remember his name, sorry) gave me a rice dumpling during one of my breaks because there wasn't any food for sale at the con. The food helps with the pain. He also got me a Twix when I was done. He also answered some questions I had and even brought me my ipod so I wouldn't have to interrupt Mitsu to get it myself.

Five hours total for your first tattoo strikes me as pretty badass, whether you "handled it well" or not. Congratulations on an excellent tattoo!

photo.php?fbid=267979493377512&set=pcb.267979533377508&type=1&theater

My first oriental sleeve ever. First time working with color shading as well.

It took me a lot of time, was done in 5 sessions of about three hours each. First session only for the line, than I came shading each element. Was a big challenge for me, and still i am not satisfied with the result. The healing is taking too long and there were some places where i passed trough too many times so I injured the skin, i fear it may leave a scar.

For the mask i had only two different types of blue, a darker blue and one intenze mario's blue. So i mixed it with withe to get the lighter blue. I tried to be as smooth as i could to get from the darker to the lighter.

When I ended it i look good for me. But when healing the light parts all came off, i injured the skin. I got really bad about it, felt really sorry for the costumer and told him to wait till it get healed so that we could work again on the tattoo to make it good. All on me.

Well, I'm being tattooing for about 6 months. This was the most challenging so far and i hope to get better everyday.

Thanx for ur attention anyway.

Daniel

- - - Updated - - -

How do i post the picture?

Thnx

- - - Updated - - -

ranieri_sleeve_thumb.jpg post