Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

1st session of my 3rd Marvel installment. This was by far my hardest sit yet. The lining was relatively mild until he got the the middle of my chest. Just above the nibble was "okay" and toward the arm pit was rather unpleasant. We moved on to black shading and let me say the pain meter quickly got into the straight-up suckage levels. By that point my chest started looking pretty red and swollen. That being said I am extremely happy with the super tight line work. In 2 weeks we will knock out spiderman and see how far we can get on the background and filler.

I also picked up a new tattoo aftercare salve from a recent show called Vitalitree. The texture is similar to Redemption but smells a little bit like lavender and brown. I think it goes on a little smoother and does a great job with the redness. One of the ingredients is from the Tepezcohuite (miracle skin tree). It has analgesic, antibacterial, and promotes cell regeneration and minimize scaring. I'm only 12 hours removed from my session, so I can't give a detailed review, but so far it has helped with the redness and I have minimal discomfort. As for healing methods, I truly feel that the reason there are so many aftercare methods is because for the most part unless you do something stupid you will heal just fine.

Anyway, here is the progress.

so you have captain america, iron man, and spidey now. Are you following a theme of any sort?

I think if you are slowly going to cover yourself in comic heroes, then go balls out and get some crazy battle scene. You must have a favorite.

Well, honestly this all started out with Captain America being a coverup, then the other trying to match the dynamics. I still have plenty of room on my back but not sure which route I wan to go because a battle scene will take up a lot of real estate. I also kind of want to stick to the "good guy" characters.

My frog looks so much better now! I got him originally in 1998 so he was 17...not sure how old that is in frog years but he's way cuter now. He even has freckles!!

I let Dominic pick all the colors, and we discussed where we're going next w/the expansion-I told him he has free reign for design and colors and he was pretty stoked about that.

Thanks @SeeSea! Idn't he cute?? It's so hard to look at your back-I noticed this morning he has little highlights in his eyes. I hadn't really noticed that when Dominic had done all the outlining of this part of it last month, he had added leaves to the one that was already there. It's funny the things you don't see when it's just the outline, that you notice once all the color is in.

I always feel so pretty when I leave there. Going there makes me wonder how heavily tattooed I will end up being-he does such a fabulous job, I about don't want to finish.

@PizzaSteve Ugh! So envious of you! Jeff Zuck is on the top of my list. The kind of tattoo artist I could get a whole body full of if I were to start again and not collect from different people. So glad that that tattoo is at somebody from this forum (does that make sense?), it amazed me when it popped up on instagram. Congratulations!

I saw a 15 yr old zuck tiger and panther that looked sooo good. THe lucky dude said he didnt even use lotion or sunscreen. I was taken aback I always liked most of his stuff, but seeing some large pieces in person helped me appreciate what he does even more

Finished the majority of my sleeve with Gre Hale at Rain City, Manchester, UK. Extremely happy with it, Gre is an awesome bloke, and the shop is great; packed to the brim with talented artists and character.

What do you guys think?

Just the 'pinchy' inner bicep to go.

Sleeve.jpg

Sweet, I love Gre Hale's work. Been pondering about a trip to Manchester for some time

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

@ReDile

Really nice one! Congratulations! Besides the actual tattoos I like the small dots in between. The "biker dust" filler style with a lot of small dots never appealed to me, but just a few dots here and there looks great.

Thank you buddy!!

Yeah we spent quite a while debating whether to go with the massed dot approach, but I was a fan of the negative space. It needed something in the bigger gaps though and Gre came up with this. I think it's worked!

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet, I love Gre Hale's work. Been pondering about a trip to Manchester for some time

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I say go for it, he's a master at what he does, and the shop is worth a trip :) [/bias]

@ReDile

Really nice one! Congratulations! Besides the actual tattoos I like the small dots in between. The "biker dust" filler style with a lot of small dots never appealed to me, but just a few dots here and there looks great.

Agreed. Less dots looks good to me!

I've just returned home from a trip to Berlin. Brought this one home with me:

post-7006-146168881943_thumb.jpg

Done by Uncle Allan at Conspiracy Inc, Berlin.

I'm pretty excited about this one. A rose by Allan has been on my wishlist for a loooong time, so it's amazing to finally check it off the list.

(Picture respectfully borrowed from Allan's IG account: http://instagram.com/unclea)