Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Too excited about how cool this looks to not share it. Please excuse the redness and peeling. This was the progress from my second session with Henning. About 11.5 hours total now. One more short session needed to color the tiger and the last few leaves. 10620203_10100485017104046_7985840237731278657_o.jpg

I was getting excited reading the young tattooers post, but it only takes one Henning piece for me to remember the some of the best advice about getting tattooed. Don't ever get tattooed by people under 40. Obviously not literally, but to see how someone has perfected his craft over decades, it doesn't get much better.

In the States he has tattooed at Diamond Club in San Fran. He probably has the lightest hand of anyone that has tattooed me yet! Very pleased.

Did you get that at Roses and Panthers? And I agree with you about his hand. He tattooed a collar rocker on my at Diamond Club years ago. I was a little nervous beforehand, but he said, "I'm angel soft." I thought he was being a smartass, but it was true!

Well then. One helluva day in the latest tattoo lowdown thread, and it isn't even over!

No it isn't!

I picked up this hoju from Ishmael Johnson at the Montreal convention yesterday. I wasn't intending to get tattooed this weekend, but I've been really into Ishmael's tattoos for a while now, and he had availability, I had a strange spot on my arm, so why not get tattooed by him instead of just liking his pictures on instagram like a chump? It was fun times. I'll post better pictures when healed.

1111q9x.jpg

@Iwar

I've got stuff on my thighs on both sides so he has tied in the front piece, so the background and flowers kind of roll down around them.

As for being a tattoo warrior- not me! This has been a real learning experience for me, handling the pain, it's quite humbling.

We'll continue this at the London con. I think a 2 day visit next year might finish it off... I think! The guys at Yellow Blaze are perfectionists so who knows.

[ATTACH]11294[/ATTACH]

My never-ending front piece by Tomo...

How did I miss or forget you were getting your torso done by Tomo. That is absolutely incredible and I couldn't stop looking at it when he posted it.

Just curious. What kind of Noh mask is that? It doesn't look like the typical hannya that's often seen. Looks familiar but can't place it. It's really cool. One of, if not, my most favorite tattoo that I've seen of his.