Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Got back on Saturday from my latest session with Kore Flatmo. We added all that color to the dagger, snake, and flames. These pictures do not do those blue jewels justice. Next time we're adding black and grey work to the bottom shin area, the knee, and back of thigh. Had a great time up there as usual.

While I was up in Brooklyn, NY this past weekend I also added a tattoo from Peter Giaquinto of Pete & Cubo's Tattoo in Queens!

Pete is the 100th tattooer to have tattooed me!

(yes I have kept track at several peoples request in the craft)

I am not sure whether it was posted or not on here BUT it seems I got to be tattooed by and visit with Peter Giaquinto just in time!

Peter was laid to rest last weekend!

He was very welcoming to me and told me some really cool stories as well as sharing with me a few things on tattooing!

:(

Most of you saw this going down via Instagram but here's an AMAZING peony I got from the fantastically talented Wendy Pham aka Wenramen. This was on my inner thigh and it connected my Henning front thigh piece to my Rubendall rear back thigh backpiece. I don't know what possessed me to have my inner thigh brutalized but the results were OUTSTANDING. I'm so happy with how this turned out and Wendy is just AWESOME!!!

15097144828_8875bb080b_b.jpg

ASIANS....still smiling even after the beating I took ;)

15097143108_40321b6643_b.jpg

I got a thing today. Hard to believe it too me almost 33 years to finally start. A fun Percy Waters bird from Greggletron/Greg Whitehead at Scapegoat Tattoo. I stole the picture from his instagram.

burd_zpsac1bbce8.jpg

Side note: I really appreciate this forum. I went to my appointment totally prepared and actually knowing more than the average bear (which is still only a very little, admittedly), and he kept asking me 'are you sure this is your first tattoo?' He kept talking about how pumped he was to work on somebody who'd give him creative license, who knew about Good Tattoos and what makes them good, and...yeah. It made me feel really good. I'm pretty sure I learned all of that here. He would probably thank the forum too if he could. Haha.

Booked my next appointment for October. IT BEGINS.

Jealous of all these amazing tattoos! I want to go to the best artist around but should I expect a top notch amazing artist to be willing to do a small ~an hour's worth of rework/adding to piece that is quite a bit lower than their quality? Some of the research I've done has taught me the best artists have a 3 hour or more minimum...I'm just not looking for that big of a tattoo. How does a person get a really top notch small tattoo? And now I'm looking at a rework or add on which makes it more difficult to find the right tattooer in my mind.

I got a thing today. Hard to believe it too me almost 33 years to finally start. A fun Percy Waters bird from Greggletron/Greg Whitehead at Scapegoat Tattoo. I stole the picture from his instagram.

burd_zpsac1bbce8.jpg

Side note: I really appreciate this forum. I went to my appointment totally prepared and actually knowing more than the average bear (which is still only a very little, admittedly), and he kept asking me 'are you sure this is your first tattoo?' He kept talking about how pumped he was to work on somebody who'd give him creative license, who knew about Good Tattoos and what makes them good, and...yeah. It made me feel really good. I'm pretty sure I learned all of that here. He would probably thank the forum too if he could. Haha.

Booked my next appointment for October. IT BEGINS.

Beautiful tattoo. I really like the new direction that Greg is going with his tattooing. He is putting out really strong and beautiful work.

I've definitely seen some websites that say there's a time minimum and a price minimum. Maybe that's not the norm then. I just dont want an artist to laugh in my face because what I need is nowhere near what they usually do. Im in Oklahoma and have been thinking about OKC or the Dallas area.

Agreed with this. I think this new, simpler direction he's going with his tattoos is really great. That's a really beautiful tattoo, excellent start @sophistre, what's up next?

It's cool that you noticed that as well. He gets tattooed by Jacob Redmond a lot, and I think that may be influencing him. As you already know I love Jacob's tattoos, and everyone else at Atlas. In fact I sent Cheyenne an email this morning about getting tattooed again during our next Portland visit. If that doesn't work out I think I may try to get in with Greg.