Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

I've definitely seen some websites that say there's a time minimum and a price minimum. Maybe that's not the norm then. I just dont want an artist to laugh in my face because what I need is nowhere near what they usually do. Im in Oklahoma and have been thinking about OKC or the Dallas area.

If you're anywhere near Tulsa, go to Richard Stell. Welcome to Richard Stell Tattoos.com

Great Lakes is the place to go in Chicago now.

I'll have to keep that in mind. After this weekend I'm on the road for 2 solid months, running up till thanksgiving. Im thinking of treating myself to an off the wall walk-in sometime in the middle of that time frame, reward myself a little. I was thinking CTC because Chicago is so easy to get to, so much freight runs through or near there. Maybe I'll have to try Great Lakes instead!

It's cool that you noticed that as well. He gets tattooed by Jacob Redmond a lot, and I think that may be influencing him. As you already know I love Jacob's tattoos, and everyone else at Atlas. In fact I sent Cheyenne an email this morning about getting tattooed again during our next Portland visit. If that doesn't work out I think I may try to get in with Greg.
Agreed with this. I think this new, simpler direction he's going with his tattoos is really great. That's a really beautiful tattoo, excellent start @sophistre, what's up next?

I think he's pretty much left his older style of work behind, save for when someone specifically asks him for it. He talked about how much better this style of tattooing wears in, how classic and timeless it is -- basically everything I heard here. He also said another interesting thing toward the end of my session with him, to one of the other guys who was watching...he said that he didn't even really enjoy the tattooing before, mechanically, and he got most of his satisfaction from achieving the effect he wanted, whereas now he really enjoys putting the lines down, and that it was more instantly gratifying. I thought that was kind of cool.

He also said that I'm one of the only people to come in and ask for this stuff instead of his older work, aside from his assistant and his wife, so I'm sure he'd be THRILLED to get flooded with LSTers. :) This is all he wants to be doing anymore.

@Graeme : We'd originally talked about a mermaid or a fish, but I kinda want a peacock. He wants to do girlheads. Somewhere in the middle of these things, I figure an awesome tattoo lies.

Filler fun c/o Nick Oaks (from yesterday).

Nick's such a rad dude and a great tattooer!

- - - Updated - - -

It's cool that you noticed that as well. He gets tattooed by Jacob Redmond a lot, and I think that may be influencing him. As you already know I love Jacob's tattoos, and everyone else at Atlas. In fact I sent Cheyenne an email this morning about getting tattooed again during our next Portland visit. If that doesn't work out I think I may try to get in with Greg.

I still haven't uncrossed my fingers hoping that you and Kim will be able to make it down to Portland with me next week while I'm getting tattooed by Cheyenne (and hopefully Dan too)...

Most of you saw this going down via Instagram but here's an AMAZING peony I got from the fantastically talented Wendy Pham aka Wenramen.

SO COOL. Didn't even know she was in the States. I love that she's rocking a S&S shirt. If she worked in the Bay, I could totally see her working there.

I got a thing today. Hard to believe it too me almost 33 years to finally start. A fun Percy Waters bird from Greggletron/Greg Whitehead at Scapegoat Tattoo.

Nice one! Congrats on your first! I got my first tattoo when I was 30 years young. Better late than never. I could only imagine what tattoos I would have gotten as an 18 year old me.

I've definitely seen some websites that say there's a time minimum and a price minimum. Maybe that's not the norm then. I just dont want an artist to laugh in my face because what I need is nowhere near what they usually do. Im in Oklahoma and have been thinking about OKC or the Dallas area.

I'm really into Marie Sena. I believe she's based out of Dallas.

@CABS...and she's got a super sick Shige sleeve too!

Next time, will it be too much to ask to stand on the other side of her so we can see the Shige sleeve too?

@CABS Wendy is super into Grime. She got work from him while visiting the States this go around.

Tattoos by both Shige and Grime?! That Lass don't mess around. She's crazy talented and with her style, I could imagine seeing her working out of Skull & Sword.

Wendy is super into Grime. She got work from him while visiting the States this go around. I can see Grime's inspiration in Wendy's work and she's got a super sick Shige sleeve too!

I can totally see the Grime influence. Shige sleeve? Man oh man she don't fuck around. I'm into it.

We'd originally talked about a mermaid or a fish, but I kinda want a peacock. He wants to do girlheads. Somewhere in the middle of these things, I figure an awesome tattoo lies.

Girl head with a peacock in the hair!

damn, i honestly never would have guessed that you were even 30 years old now!

Thanks man! Haha.

That Shige sleeve! Wendy should just work at S&S and just crush everything. Crush all the things.

@Lance All you have to do is ask bro....(Wendy's currently lasering her right arm to make way for another Shige sleeve :cool:)

15304042135_b220075be5_b.jpg

That one's on her? I believe I had seen it before in his portfolio at a past convention. I love that sleeve. Super smooth (as always). It's always interesting to connect tattoos with a face. Like IG posts and LST members.

Thanks for posting this.

Probably, like, Wu Tang and wrestling tattoos.

He isn't tattooing very much anymore, but Bill Baker at the Pearl has a really amazing wrestling sheet. I don't believe there are pictures of it on the internet--as it should be with some things--but it's really good. I want something from it at some point.

Probably, like, Wu Tang and wrestling tattoos.

HAHA, pretty much. When I was 18 I was really into Rob Van Dam, and he was really into flaming yin yang symbols. Not a good look. I probably would have gotten a Rage Against the Machine or KRS-1 tattoo if they were music tattoos.

Not the best pics! Got the parrot by Steve Boltz on Friday and the Skull by Brad Stevens yesterday!

Great tattoos! I still need a Boltz tattoo. Might just bite the bullet and fly out there soon.

He isn't tattooing very much anymore, but Bill Baker at the Pearl has a really amazing wrestling sheet.

Would love to see this sheet.

Ryan Westfall is a tattooer out of Pittsburgh that has done some pretty sweet wrestling tattoos.

Even Higgs drew an amazing Grand Wizard (old school wrestling manager) piece that I would love to get at some point. I don't think it was ever on a sheet of flash, but it looks super rad.

Finished what was planned for my left arm at the end of August although one little filler from that session (inner end of ditch) needs reworking after a shocking heal.

Ditch is such a shitty heal even at the best of times.

The arm looks great though. I love a good frog tattoo, and the frog/mushroom combination is such a winner.