Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

My new piece from Matt Houston done on a trip to Amsterdam at Salon Serpent. Real nice guy and had another great experience in this shop. I tried to get in with Matt before in Vancouver but time was against me so super happy to nab an appt this time.

Flames go up back of elbow and still healing ( it sucks!)

post-36194-146168874488_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was able to get a three legged money toad (Jin Chan) from Takashi Matsuba (IG: traditionaltool) last night.

4fhY1nH.jpg

The shading was done by hand (tebori) which is a first for me. Also the first piece I've gotten where the artist drew it on first as opposed to using a stencil. Can't wait to see the white all healed up and yellowed a bit.

That's also three tattoos in three weeks. Feels good to have a break and be able to plan my next pieces :).

Was able to get a three legged money toad (Jin Chan) from Takashi Matsuba (IG: traditionaltool) last night.

4fhY1nH.jpg

The shading was done by hand (tebori) which is a first for me. Also the first piece I've gotten where the artist drew it on first as opposed to using a stencil. Can't wait to see the white all healed up and yellowed a bit.

That's also three tattoos in three weeks. Feels good to have a break and be able to plan my next pieces :).

how does the tebori feel compared to the machine?

how does the tebori feel compared to the machine?

It's... different. When the stick first goes into a new spot it hurts, but once that spot is actually being shaded the pain fades. With that said the liner hurt the most probably. There is a lot more pressure on the area of course so I'm a bit sore today which usually doesn't happen aside from the normal tattoo pain.

Congrats on the weight loss!!! That is how I started getting tattoos, got one after reaching a milestone and I've been addicted since.

yeah the reward of a tattoo at the end keeps me eating a salad and lifting weights when that big greasy pizza and couch look so damn good. gonna spend the winter planning my first big piece and once I'm down another 25lbs ill be where I wanna be and will get the big piece to celebrate.

@Graeme Too bad you don't have something lined up for when you are in NYC later this month!

Reposted/stolen from Yoni's instagram: Instagram I don't know how to load a picture via instagram, sorry.

I was hoping that maybe I'd be able to squeeze in something small but unless I come across that much desired bag full of money I'm always keeping an eye open for, there's no way I can afford it. Besides, I want something big from Yoni.

yeah the reward of a tattoo at the end keeps me eating a salad and lifting weights when that big greasy pizza and couch look so damn good. gonna spend the winter planning my first big piece and once I'm down another 25lbs ill be where I wanna be and will get the big piece to celebrate.

well I got my first tattoo every in May to celebrate a weight loss milestone. Here I am with my 4th tattoo getting completed this past Sunday. It's better to spend money on Tattoos than a good old meal at Taco Bell (my spot of choice.)

As time progresses, I keep inquiring and putting up deposits with artists I have loved before I ever even planned on getting tattooed.