Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

I didnt think the shin was too bad. The center area where the bone is felt pretty tolerable.

Going up toward the knee cap felt better. The ankle area and as he moved out towards the outside of my calf was real sensitive for me.

Pretty much everything hurts from jaie though. He goes slow and deep to get everything really dark or bright. He outlined with a needle he spread out some, so the outline felt huge. Not that sharp precise feeling. When we were talkin about that he said mike malone made a joke about tattooing with huge needles is kinda like riding a bike with training wheels. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah. I sent my lady a pic of the stencil and she says "you think he is gonna add blood drops to the tear?"

Right as we were done he says. I think we should add some blood dripping down. You cool with that?

You have all probably seen this all ready but here is the session on my back piece from a week ago when I was visiting Rudy Fritsch at his shop Original Classic in Trieste, Italy. Had a super good stay in the city and the shop is truly amazing, I could be there for hours just looking at all of the originals on the walls from some of the best in the culture and also from Rudy himself. We had lunch the day after the session and he sure is a very interesting and inspiring person too.

10802554_472493406221670_505902492_n.jpg

Beyond happy with how this is progressing! Next session with Iain Mullen, who is the other part of this collaboration, will be in Stockholm quite soon and then the three of us converge during the Scottish Tattoo Convention in Edinburgh early next year to put the finishing touches on this project. I am a lucky guy :)

Outstanding! One of the best backpieces I've seen in a long time. I think Iain Mullen does some of the best black & grey around and is very underrated for it. Too many artists use too much black (heresy, I know), but Iain's pieces always has that perfect balance of greys, black, and skin so that it's very readable from a distance.

Shit man, I'm not one to talk shop on here.

You're tattooer should be able to handle the job.

Keep in mind, IMHO and others, I believe, palm tattoos aren't meant to look super clean and awesome.

They're awesome when they are solid.

I don't really like this term, but in this case I guess I can use it... "controlled blowout".

The first time that term was explained to me it was in reference to Chris Trevino and Jason Brooks. It sounds like the most painful shit ever whether its on a palm or anywhere else.

Hi all, been slacking on my updating on here so heres some bits and pieces:

Most recent thing I've had done was continuing this, was cool to chat to Brad Fink briefly prior:

10802739_739337109469890_877458890_n.jpg

one session to go, hopefully soon although it will be hard not to get something else by Andre.

Also got this from O'Donnell back in July:

10584798_727172440687320_1478171014_n.jpg

Both shameless instagram thefts....

As usual this thread has blown my mind with the awesomeness that LSTer's choose to get...

@sighthound

Thank you! Really looking forward to seeing this all done and healed up. Its true that Iain is really good with black and gray. The piece on my elbow is also by him, the first he did on me and its beautiful. Some inside info, he's working on a fancy sketchbook project now with shaded pieces and it looks so god damn good.

@keepcalm

ah I didn't show you? Next time! Thanks :)

@hogg

Aint that true :D Thank you and everybody else showing interest! This thread has been great lately, people are getting the best stuff!

@Orangutango

That tengu is the bomb! Love it!

Nearly finished the anemone and shading and side corals, and shadows along the bottom. The red is the huge bruise already starting. The clownfish were already there, and the crab first pass was from the last session.

I am so amazed at how this is all turning out! Two more session until we're done!

Session%2B17%2B4228%2Bcrop%2Bsm.jpeg

So... please tell me you plan on a dive photo showing your backpiece when its all done and healed @SeeSea ? I feel like that's a must...

LOL! You know, that is a really good idea. One of my dive friends is a great underwater photographer - if he's going on our next trip, I think he'd love to do it. Thanks for the suggestion - that would be really cool!