Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Ok, this is my fat back after 7 hours. It is just roughed in and needs a lot of work still, but it's a great start! Go big or go home.

Sorry, I don't see fat. I see an awesome turtle on some nice skin with beautiful hair. Is color planned? I've only seen one sea turtle in person (and the light filtering through the water may have shaded it) that had green/yellow tones.

Sorry, I don't see fat. I see an awesome turtle on some nice skin with beautiful hair. Is color planned? I've only seen one sea turtle in person (and the light filtering through the water may have shaded it) that had green/yellow tones.

Ha, thanks. No color, just black and grey shading. Lots more to do with it. I went to the black and grey master, so hopefully it will finish up photorealistic.

It's funny, I showed my back at the start of the session and the only reaction was "lookit all that white skin!" It was a relief for sure.

Ha, thanks. No color, just black and grey shading. Lots more to do with it. I went to the black and grey master, so hopefully it will finish up photorealistic.

It's funny, I showed my back at the start of the session and the only reaction was "lookit all that white skin!" It was a relief for sure.

I definitely cannot wait to see the finished version with detail pics of head, scutes, etc. Awesome. You're stoked. Bravo. :D

I haven't gotten tattooed in like 5 years... Well, in a local shop started a new artist. Young cool dude, just over twenty, been tattooing for 3 + years or something. I thought that fuck it, he has some potential, I will get tattooed because its time. I first was going to get a chest piece, just a compass rose. But, Murphy's law struck and got a horrible shave rash in my chest. When I went to the shop, we mulled it over and decided not to tattoo the chest.

I remembered he had a Bill Hicks drawing and in 5 minutes we decided to do the late great American Rebel who I have been a fan for about 10 years. He loves to do stuff like this, so I just let him do what he wanted and choose the picture he wanted. Have fun with it. Its now about week old.

We will expand it to a sleeve and then start another sleeve. Next up is Carl Sagan.

https://instagram.com/lekkeri_wct/

If you can guess what part of his act its from, 10 points! We weren't shure and I checked, well, funny shit ;)

I didn't realize until today that this was the place to post new work. I'm going on Friday to finalize the entire sleeve(at least that's the hope). We'll be filling in all the background that wasn't finished yet and then go over the entire piece to add highlights and really make it pop.

So far, this is what's been done:

https://instagram.com/p/yaAYr2Ry_X/ (This was 3 appointments, I just didn't want to throw a bunch of pictures in, mostly finished top half of the sleeve, there are still some sections that need to be finished).

Started work on the bottom half, finished most of the lioness(about 70% done) in one sitting:

wRe62cA.png

And finally, about 2 weeks ago we did the inner forearm piece, the cubs:

OjCsnCe.png

I'm so fucking happy with how the whole sleeve turned out. One more to go on Friday and I should be all set. I can't wait to post a shot of the entire sleeve, finished and healed.

I remembered he had a Bill Hicks drawing and in 5 minutes we decided to do the late great American Rebel who I have been a fan for about 10 years. He loves to do stuff like this, so I just let him do what he wanted and choose the picture he wanted. Have fun with it. Its now about week old.

We will expand it to a sleeve and then start another sleeve. Next up is Carl Sagan.

https://instagram.com/lekkeri_wct/

If you can guess what part of his act its from, 10 points! We weren't shure and I checked, well, funny shit ;)

That Hicks tattoo is fantastic. I love me some Bill Hicks, what a rebel.