Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Got this on the back of my knee by Tim Pausinger today at The Pearl Harbour Gift Shop.

I was really surprised that he said he didn't tattoo this before (or anything else on that sheet).

Saw some really cool Bill Baker flash in there of all these different wrestling holds - awesome! If I'm back I'm getting the sleeper hold one for sure.

Most importantly met LSTer @markbee and his wife - really good folks. Next time In in town we'll have a proper coffee / bite to eat ... Although then again can't beat a meet up in a tattoo shop either.

post-1095-146168879929_thumb.jpg

post-1095-146168879926_thumb.jpg

Got this on the back of my knee by Tim Pausinger today at The Pearl Harbour Gift Shop.

I was really surprised that he said he didn't tattoo this before (or anything else on that sheet).

Saw some really cool Bill Baker flash in there of all these different wrestling holds - awesome! If I'm back I'm getting the sleeper hold one for sure.

Most importantly met LSTer @markbee and his wife - really good folks. Next time In in town we'll have a proper coffee / bite to eat ... Although then again can't beat a meet up in a tattoo shop either.

[ATTACH]12419[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12418[/ATTACH]

It was great to meet you, your wife, and your wee one today! It was also a blast getting tattooed on the next table over. It seemed a fitting way to meet a fellow LST-er. That tattoo looks great in the pic and even better in person. Tim's a great guy.

I'll post a pic from my tattoo at The Pearl in Toronto. This diving girl is by Glennie, one of my favourite tattooers.

And ya, Baker's flash is pretty great. Its my goal to get tattooed by Bill sometime soon.

@Rad Kelham

For me, personally, it's about more than just the aesthetic of it. Yes, I agree that the full pre-planned bodysuit is the apex of tattoo art. And every time I see one it blows my mind. Not just the tattoo, but also the dedication, care, and thought that went into it.

With that being said, there's a certain satisfaction that accompanies the one-shots as well. Yes, it can be impulsive and instantly gratifying. But that's just part of the experience. It allows us the opportunity to relive that magic with every piece. Maybe it's a new city, new artist, new shop, new idea - it all allows us to connect to new people and have new experiences. Where as, maybe, with a much larger project it starts to become a chore and we just want it to be over so we can see the finished product.

I am wayyy too ADD to stick with a single style or theme anyways. I love so many different things that it would be against my nature to dedicate it all to one cohesive suit, as beautiful as it may be. I just like the way it all looks - piecemeal and full bodysuit.

@RoryQ Excellent! That wrestler flash is really great and I've been wanting something from it myself. Was Bill there? He's a great dude, and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that he's a big reason why so many of us get great tattoos.

@Graeme

He was outside the shop and @markbee mentioned that it was him in passing ... Then I kind of recognised him from some pictures somewhere.

@sighthound I agree with you, and I personally have a mix of big and small tattoos...however mostly big. I've always got them in terms of full arm, full arm, full back, etc, using smaller pieces here and there to connect the awkward spots. Heck I even have a bunch of small finger tattoos, as I like that that aesthetic.

And this has become a huge digression from the greggletron arm I initially commented on - which I like.

However I see so many people getting only small tattoos, and all over the place. This type of collection has always bothered me and I've always considered those people either totally clueless to tattooing or posers.

Anyway people will keep getting what they want, and I'll keep being grumpy about some of them. Pretty soon I'll be putting these small tattoos on people that I would never in hell get on myself.

So it goes.

@Rad Kelham

I know what you mean by small. Stuff that's pea-sized relative to the part of the body it's put on. I can't do that either. Takes up a lot of prime space. I've got a mixture of big and small, too. I like my big pieces to utilize the maximum amount of space that they're in. And when I'm not feeling like a big piece then I'll get a smaller one in an easy area to fill (ankle, foot, etc.).

Although, I did get about 90% of my thigh done in one sitting - so the best of both worlds, I guess lol.

For me I think background is key. Take Yallzee, if any of you know of him from Instagram. He is covered in small tattoos, however it looks like a great suit because it is all tied together well. A bunch of traditional tattoos fail miserably at this, especially when connected by a bunch of stars and dots.

To quote Billi Vegas, "Traditional is antiquated for a reason"

I have no idea who Billi Vegas is, besides someone who made a statement I disagree with completely.

"Traditional" tattooing isn't nearly as "antiquated" as Japanese tattooing, yet both have stood the test of time. I have lots of both kinds of tattoos, including some huge and some tiny. Different strokes and all that.

It's apparently not that easy if your drawings are anything to go by.

Still doesn't mean I have to like it, dickhead. Don't have to be a great artist to have an opinion on art. I'm only a few months into drawing. You think you are the king of this place and I can't figure out why. How about saying something intelligent rather than publicly insulting people?

my girlfriend and i flew out to LA on friday and got tattooed by bob roberts. i really only have these weird spots left and i told him he could do whatever he wants and he just grabbed my arm and pointed to my ditch and was like "right there". walked over to the wall and he goes "what about this one?"

10665602_1652207404990653_639628609_n.jpg