Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Fully healed from my Irish landscape/road done in a woodblock print style.

tattoo%20004.jpg

tattoo%20005.jpg

The way the artist did the hills is different (I can't say not how I expected, because I wasn't sure what to expect with them), but I think it's a function of trying to get the reference picture into the style and I think as it fades a bit, it will look even better.

My two minor issues are the shading of the road at the bottom right and the rock (I think) that looks like it got missed along the left hand side. Now that I'm healed, I assume it's not a big deal to touch base with the artist and have him fix those two areas real quick sometime?

Edmonton! For 1 day! That's all I know! He is going to Arizona after this and then Canada. I know that he told me when, I just can't remember!!!! I'm so sorry - tattoo brain made me spacey.

I think today is his last day at DC - maybe give them a call and find out? I said "I know someone in Canada (from the internet) who wants to get tattooed by you," and he said that wherever he's going, the shop owner said there were a couple of people who wanted to talk to him about his next visit there.

He's gonna be in AZ for a few days so you might try hitting him up on instagram or something to see exactly where he's gonna be.

@beez @Avery Taylor

Shad was going to be in Edmonton this week but had to cancel plans, I found out yesterday. Word is he will be back in Edmonton in the fall.

No problem (haha I just got back from Jamaica), I'll just get back on track with my backpiece.

Fully healed from my Irish landscape/road done in a woodblock print style.

tattoo%20004.jpg

tattoo%20005.jpg

The way the artist did the hills is different (I can't say not how I expected, because I wasn't sure what to expect with them), but I think it's a function of trying to get the reference picture into the style and I think as it fades a bit, it will look even better.

My two minor issues are the shading of the road at the bottom right and the rock (I think) that looks like it got missed along the left hand side. Now that I'm healed, I assume it's not a big deal to touch base with the artist and have him fix those two areas real quick sometime?

Nothing to fix here. Move on to your next tattoo

Sarah Hurst (recently voted Knoxville's BEST tattoo artist - congrats!) placed this awesome cameo of my beautiful wife (from a photo taken on our honeymoon 34 years ago) on my left shoulder yesterday evening. I am VERY happy!

We are totally tattoo buddies. This is twice we've been tattooed on the same day.

Got a shoulder piece done on the 14th. At this time, I'm not getting color or shading. I like the negative space. And hope it conveys the softness and femininity I was going for and doesn't just look unfinished.

Now I just need to figure out if I want to continue with black a gray pieces. I have an absolute love for neo-traditional tattoos. I'm just a little unsure how to mix my pieces.

screen_shot_2015-04-24_at_2.30.38_pm_thumb.png

Got a shoulder piece done on the 14th. At this time, I'm not getting color or shading. I like the negative space. And hope it conveys the softness and femininity I was going for and doesn't just look unfinished.

Now I just need to figure out if I want to continue with black a gray pieces. I have an absolutely love for neo-traditional tattoos. I'm just a little unsure how to mix my pieces.

screen_shot_2015-04-24_at_2.30.38_pm_thumb.png

it looks unfinished

thats not black and grey - thats an outline

and neo traditional is more than outlines

now if you like just getting outline work done then god bless

but i think you need to take a minute to consider what you you really want

if you really like negative space - then stop getting tattooed

sorry - not trying to be an ass - just think you need some honest feedback

it looks unfinished

thats not black and grey - thats an outline

and neo traditional is more than outlines

now if you like just getting outline work done then god bless

but i think you need to take a minute to consider what you you really want

if you really like negative space - then stop getting tattooed

sorry - not trying to be an ass - just think you need some honest feedback

I know this tattoo isn't black and gray and I know it's not neo-traditional. But it's what I've wanted for a long time so I guess I'm ok with having it look unfinished. What I was saying is that I will eventually get more tattoos and now I just need to decide if I want them to be black/gray or if I'm going the neo-traditional route. At this time, I still have the option to color and/or shade it (or leave it as is) depending on which style I end up going in. Thank you for your feedback. :)

Wow - I don't check in for a couple days and madness ensures!

@SStu - that is beautiful and I love how it flows with all the negative space. Nice one - she's a lucky one.

@pidjones - cool! I'm so happy you walked out with one you love right off the bat, after your frustrations with the faked line.

@bedoktime - killing it. That is a most awesome panther - I can't stop laughing!

@L2DB - I am so glad you came back with the final tattoo - you should go back to your first thread and put it there, too to complete the thread. I wondered how that would turn out, and I really like how the woodblock came through, especially at the bottom. Are you talking about what looks like snow covered mountains? I took that to be clouds in the sky at first glance. As for the shading, one technique for something like this - a scene - is to fade it off on the edges. If you have hard edges around the outside, it can make the scene look like a picture, or seem like you are looking out a window rather than being out in the scene.

Matt Arriola pantherized my last big spot yesterday at Spotlight. He couldn't quite get it to fit, so he decided to add flames. Always a good call.

post-194-146168880182_thumb.jpg

post-194-146168880191_thumb.jpg

I have some inner thigh/tenderloin spots and a few tiny spaces on my legs, but if I said "I'm done" now, I don't think anyone would fault me.

But we all know that I'm not done.

7Z08IqE.jpg

CIsvch6.jpg?1

Done yesterday by Mr. Chad Kopelinger at Rock of Ages... In 1.5 hours... Someone needs to do a study on how he can tattoo so god damn fast. Really awesome experience all around.

- - - Updated - - -

Matt Arriola pantherized my last big spot yesterday at Spotlight. He couldn't quite get it to fit, so he decided to add flames. Always a good call.

[ATTACH]12467[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12468[/ATTACH]

I have some inner thigh/tenderloin spots and a few tiny spaces on my legs, but if I said "I'm done" now, I don't think anyone would fault me.

But we all know that I'm not done.

Such a good tattoo. We both had a nice painful day yesterday.