Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Here's what I got on my NYC trip a few weeks ago.

Eli Quinters

nyctat1_original.jpg

Steve Boltz (didn't get a very good photo)

bgxykg.jpg

Dan Nelson

nyctat3_original.jpg

Got an appointment with Jeff Zuck at the Rochester convention tomorrow! Can't wait.

Daaaammnn son, you did pretty good on that trip to NY, didn't you?! Looks great!

I don't want to upload photos yet because my half-sleeve is still very much in progress.... BUT...... I am (read... my artist is) really going out on a limb and mixing styles. I'm getting a half sleeve on my right upper arm for my boys (1 biological and 1 step son). It's a feminine, soft trash polka style mixed with some soft watercolor-y realism. So far so good - I've really composed this whole piece myself and I'm pretty proud of what I brought to the table. OF COURSE my artist is taking my ideas and making them beautiful. Will post pics and give credit when it's done.

Thanks for reading. :o

Thanks @Synesthesia and @beez! I had appointments with Eli and Dan Santoro at Smith Street but the Dan appointment got double booked and I ended up getting the quick butterfly walk-in from Steve instead. And since I had planned a bigger tattoo I took my left over money and went to Rose Tattoo Parlour and got that walk-in with Dan Nelson. Pretty glad I did because that is one of my favorite tattoos I have and the appointment was a lot of fun. Definitely recommend that shop!

side note: does anyone know why the "insert picture from your tattoo gallery" button is dimmed and inclickable for me?

I don't want to upload photos yet because my half-sleeve is still very much in progress.... BUT...... I am (read... my artist is) really going out on a limb and mixing styles. I'm getting a half sleeve on my right upper arm for my boys (1 biological and 1 step son). It's a feminine, soft trash polka style mixed with some soft watercolor-y realism. So far so good - I've really composed this whole piece myself and I'm pretty proud of what I brought to the table. OF COURSE my artist is taking my ideas and making them beautiful. Will post pics and give credit when it's done.

Thanks for reading. :o

That sounds really cool. Cant wait to see it

@jfs40000 those are all cool but i REALLY wanna see this zuck piece! i'm trying to make a trip to ann arbor before winter to get tattooed by him and michael aul.

Yep....Jeff Zuck is awesome. If you make it to Ann Arbor, check out Tony Caporusso at Lucky Monkey tattoos just down the street. He does a rad modern take on traditional/folksy stuff and is a hell of a nice guy to boot. All of his flash is hand painted and BEAUTIFUL-

https://instagram.com/tonycaporusso/

Thank you. I'm not trying to replace my hairline or anything and it often looks like a scuba suit if you have your neck tattooed and into a full head. I don't care what other people do but that's not my chosen aesthetic. It's more about getting the important images than coverage for me. @Rad Kelham

- - - Updated - - -

In fact I gave Jeff Zuck more space to work with but he felt like this was the best approach for this particular image and I'm inclined to agree...vs stretching images or elements for the sake of coverage.

Thank you. I'm not trying to replace my hairline or anything and it often looks like a scuba suit if you have your neck tattooed and into a full head. I don't care what other people do but that's not my chosen aesthetic. It's more about getting the important images than coverage for me. @Rad Kelham

- - - Updated - - -

In fact I gave Jeff Zuck more space to work with but he felt like this was the best approach for this particular image and I'm inclined to agree...vs stretching images or elements for the sake of coverage.

Yeah I agree about the scuba suit - that's why I'm growing my hair back. Anyway this is my fave tattoo I've seen on here. Bravo.

This was done by Charley at True Blue in ATX. This is absolutely the cleanest linework I have on myself and I am so stoked/humbled/honored by this tattoo. I apologize for the glare. Great Grandpa and Great Great Uncle were Azorean whalers that settled in New England shortly before the whaling bust. Great Grandpa turned to working in a rubber factory until he could start his own floral business in bristol RI, Great great uncle went from whaling to building fishing schooners and racing yachts with Hereshoff.

17166943547_4d884654e8_c.jpg

17348972306_33a114a876.jpg

17187343930_266e7c7826_z.jpg