Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Oh! @Manu Manu That one was easy! The only part that hurt was the part that goes down onto my chest.

- - - Updated - - -

@Isotope nice one!!!

how painful it was on the shoulder? thinking of getting a traditional dagger through the neck... maybe one day!

edit: and I'm curious: what the line work represent? Make me think of a technics turntable's arm!

The line work is a simple layout schematic of a stable isotope ratio mass spectrometer. It took some convincing to get an artist to do that one, especially on someone who was relatively untattooed at the time, so the artist didn't know whether I would flinch or not. Mike Pain at Atomic took it on when no one on his staff would touch it and handled it like a boss.

Got my second session in on this free hand piece by London Reese at The Vatican Studios in Lake Forest,CA

First was done in 4 hrs

Second was done after 6 hrs

y31qOlF.jpg

good times! but next appointment isnt for several months unfortunately.

anyways, thanks for looking!

-Joey

Amazeballs. Seriously stunning!

Went in yesterday, drove down to 39th St in KC. Hit Starbucks across the street since I'm about half an hour early. I'm sittin there, listening to some blues while I smoke and overcaffeinate, and Nathan walks up to the shop. "Boo!" he looks over, sees me and invites me in. After he gets a breakfast burrito and we both chew some gum, we get to work. Great dude, really - if any of you are ever in KC hit him up. We had to take a few breaks, including one where he accidentally knocked over his drink (another artist shouted "Your passion tea was too passionate!!"). We've probably got one more appointment left, and I can't wait!!20150510_072345_thumb.jpg

20150510_072339_thumb.jpg

Got my second session in on this free hand piece by London Reese at The Vatican Studios in Lake Forest,CA

First was done in 4 hrs

y31qOlF.jpg

-Joey

Dude I am not in to demonic looking shit but the color blending and boldness of the lines just makes these piece one sick ass art!

Congrats bro!

- - - Updated - - -

@Joey Ryan, You have some galactic work on your shoulder/arm?

Pics? :)

First was done in 4 hrs

y31qOlF.jpg

-Joey

Loving this mate :)!

- - - Updated - - -

Done by Ryan Evans :)

Sorry for the craps photos, there is a video on my Facebook and instagram pages.

8.5 hours, puff adder with an ant on its nose tip, always loved that photo so thought I would get it done, still in progress :)

23ii4bb.jpg

4pzf40.jpg

Dude I am not in to demonic looking shit but the color blending and boldness of the lines just makes these piece one sick ass art!

Congrats bro!

- - - Updated - - -

@Joey Ryan, You have some galactic work on your shoulder/arm?

Pics? :)

bam! its a triangle

JRYIMzc.jpg

Loving this mate :)!

- - - Updated - - -

Done by Ryan Evans :)

Sorry for the craps photos, there is a video on my Facebook and instagram pages.

8.5 hours, puff adder with an ant on its nose tip, always loved that photo so thought I would get it done, still in progress :)

23ii4bb.jpg

4pzf40.jpg

seriously sick, awesome foot piece dude

Haha, yeah, I guess he like making 'em. I just showed him the spot and gave him free reign.

I love doing that.

Don't think I posted this on LST, but I am 90 percent done with my left arm now. Filler by Tim McAlary at Port City Tattoo LBC, CA ALL DAY.

Great experience getting tattooed by Tim. Highly recommended. Port City has some heavy hitters.

I'm new here and figured I'd post some of my favorite pieces I've gotten over the last ~year or so:

Aaron Hodges at Spider Murphy's did both my thighs:

XCjTfYo.jpghec63Dy.jpg

George Hernandez at Sacred Tiger did my forearms and bicep:

3IYF9QY.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/aksalIN.jpgIaF5EoW.png

Jay Watkins (frog) and Laurent Trelaun (ship) at Spider Murphys:

2wRjPVU.pngEqvdER7.png

And then a couple fun ones from Jeff Rassier and Alex Petty:

1M71xrA.pngH6RUva6.png

Hopefully this wasn't too big of a photo dump for everyone! Looking forward to upcoming consults/pieces with Paul Dobleman and Theo Mindell at Spider Murphys as well.