Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Soo good, @Graeme!! I've yet to see something from Dave C that I haven't totally loved.

Dave is amazing. There was a guy in the shop when I was there who was getting tattooed by Will and he had an almost complete Dave backpiece of a Tengu fighting a Nue and it was amazing. You should really make the trip sometime to get something from Dave, he's such a good tattooer and it's been the best experience.

Don't post very often, but with @Graeme showing progress on his badass backpiece and the overload of cool stuff here to look at the past week, thought I's show what I've been up to the past year or so.

Progress on the front side of me. Working on finishing it out and tying it all together with the back. It will be a shirt soon! October 2012 - April 2015 (chest/stomach).

Front.jpg

Got Angus Young put on me by Mr. Bob Tyrrell at the Full Moon Convention in Nashville on May 8th. I'm still blown away that this is on me. It's also the easiest tattoo to heal I've ever had. P.S. It is really hard to get a good pic of this one.

Angus_1.jpg

@El Dolmago Isn't she the best? I remember getting a little walk in skull from Nikki and right out the gate (meeting each other for the first time) we were giving each other shit and cracking jokes, etc. She's a straight shooter that's for sure, but so much fun.

Awesome tattoo you got from her, also.

I really enjoyed meeting her - she's smart, down to earth and hilariously funny. She also gives it to you 100% straight. She was a hoot to spend a few hours with. Not to mention she is a hell of a tattoo artist.

The backpiece is done (for now at least) and i couldn't be more happy with it. Unfortunately i managed to pick up a chest infection which put a bit of a dampener on my trip to Oslo but there's no taking the smile off my face right now.

11326103_848289828588002_535053054_n.jpg

Pretty much all the colour is fresh as well as a couple of the darker parts of the skull so it'll look a lot different once everything has settled down i'm sure. I don't mind admitting i barely made it through this session, definitely the hardest one i've had (certainly not helped by illness) but i'm so fucking glad we got to the end.

By the legendary Marius Meyer.

Now we await the healing process.... Also that left arm is looking pretty damn bare isn't it... fuck.

Edited post.

New tattoo done today, Samurai by H R Giger. This is also The Hermit in the Giger tarot. Back of lower right leg, that's the lower right leg complete.

4&1/2 hrs and, yes I did sleep through most of it. Done by Tommygunn, Belfast City Skinworks, Belfast.

Reference pic...

DSC_0171.JPG

Fresh tattoo pic and, you can see how he merged it with the other tattoos...

IMG_20150521_183058.JPG

Edited by purplelace
add pics

The backpiece is done (for now at least) and i couldn't be more happy with it. Unfortunately i managed to pick up a chest infection which put a bit of a dampener on my trip to Oslo but there's no taking the smile off my face right now.

11326103_848289828588002_535053054_n.jpg

Pretty much all the colour is fresh as well as a couple of the darker parts of the skull so it'll look a lot different once everything has settled down i'm sure. I don't mind admitting i barely made it through this session, definitely the hardest one i've had (certainly not helped by illness) but i'm so fucking glad we got to the end.

By the legendary Marius Meyer.

Now we await the healing process.... Also that left arm is looking pretty damn bare isn't it... fuck.

Love it!

holy fack bro !!

very nice deep red in the leaves

i'm really digging the waterfall and rocks on your right thigh

it's like your tiger is giving your snake a nice warm hug n a hickey lol

Thanks man! When this is all said and done and nicely healed I'm going to try to get some good pictures of it because these iPhone photos don't quite cut it. I love the rocks and waterfall too, though you don't get much of them on a front on (back on?) picture like this. They add a sort of prettiness to the toughness of two fierce animals battling to the death. My favourite tattoos are the ones that are simultaneously tough and beautiful and I think this tattoo achieves that. There are really a lot of super cool things about the tattoo, like how the water ties together with the water on my arm (again not visible when I'm covering my junk in the shop) and how the waves carry over from one leg to the other. I am stoked that this is on me because otherwise I'd have to be jealous of the person with this tattoo.