Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Awesome! You don't understand pacing yourself, do you? Heel well, man. (And then, get another!)

Thanks. Pacing is for the weak minded.

JOKING! :P

I am taking it easy. I have about 1 month 1/2 till my next session and starting my chest piece :D

@TrixieFaux - I have already gushed about it, but I love it so much!!! I hope it was a great experience. The tattoo is just perfect.

It was a great experience, what a cool guy Chris is.

It was interesting--I left a lot up to him, size/placement/his take on the photo and what he wanted to use from it. But I was imagining it in color (just based on his other work)...even though my arms are all b & g. I hadn't mentioned it, though. So at one point he said something about being psyched to do b & g, since he usually gets asked for color... so I thought, cool then, it'll be b & g! I figured, if he was psyched to do it, and it's what he visualized after seeing my arms, then that was the right choice!

- - - Updated - - -

Your sister must be so flattered! It's as awesome as I would have expected from Conn. Congrats.

Yes, this was her response when I tagged her on facebook this morning: "Whoa! Speechlessly flattered! Love the worshipful gaze, it reminds me of many things...!"

<3:)

@sighthound My wife and i were in there on mother's day weekend. We spent the day together in Asheville and both got some work done. That was probably my 4th visit with Will and i am more impressed each time.

@BrianH I love the colors. I told Will to do whatever he wanted. Turned out awesome and I can't wait to get the rest of my arm finished.

From last Saturday at Great Lakes Tattoo in Chicago

post-53847-146168881725_thumb.jpg

Nick Colella -big-ass eagle (chest)

post-53847-146168881728_thumb.jpg

Mario Desa - rose of no mans..tribute (ankle)

post-53847-146168881731_thumb.jpg

Frank Willian - pocket knife filler (inner arm ditch)

It was a good day.... besides getting 3 killer tattoos, I got to hang out and bullshit with Chad Koeplinger and Robert Ryan and the rest of the GLT crew plus it was Robert Ryan's "The Radiant Name" art opening downstairs. GLT is probably the nicest shop I've ever been in and everybody was super nice and fun.....

It was a good day.... besides getting 3 killer tattoos, I got to hang out and bullshit with Chad Koeplinger and Robert Ryan and the rest of the GLT crew plus it was Robert Ryan's "The Radiant Name" art opening downstairs. GLT is probably the nicest shop I've ever been in and everybody was super nice and fun.....

I guess 'jealous' begins to describe it...

Started some dot shading last weekend. Quick 2-hour session with Thomas Hooper until next time, which will be in August. I need to take a month or so off so I can swim with the kids over their summer break. Once we're done with shading this section, we're gonna hammer out whats going on in the lower belly area and right ribs.

crap...sorry the pic is loading horizontally. I'll see if I can fix that.

Lucky Strike Tattoo in Edmonton, AB hosted their annual summer slam party this weekend !!

It was a super fun time. Lots of tattoo show n tell, good tattoo talks with fellow collectors, jello shooters, moonshine, parking lot burnouts, picture machine flash jokes and got drunk with some new buds. I hadn't even cracked my first beer (4pm) and Scotty's like "it's a friggin tattoo shop take your shirts off".

Got to check out some wicked tattoos in the flesh...Lucas Ford fudo backpiece, Steve Moore backpiece, a bunch of Steve Batt tattoos, a Steve Byrne ROA in progress backpiece (!), Bailey Robinson, Koeplinger, OllieXXX, Smilin' Dave and of course lots of fresh and aged tattoos from the Lucky Strike cats of new and old (Sam Sheinin, Bobby Tripp, Miles Kanne, Scott Rusnak, Brent Smith, Chris Iwaniuk, Myke, Julie).

Anyway, got this super dope photo of Scott Rusnak and some fellow clients in the bodysuit club.

img_9712_thumb.jpg

from L-R ... Steve(?), Scott Rusnak, Derek, myself. Too bad we didn't get a backside shot...

IG @ scottrusnak one of the most underrated young tattooers in Western Canada...he does really bright and vivid Trevino-esque Japanese style tattoos with attention to the details. Highly recommend him.

IG @ lucky_strike_tattoo great local shop, quality artists and a really fun place to hang.

some bongsau facts...30% of my tattoos have been completed at Lucky Strike, 40% if you include the Electric Tattoo days from 10 years ago!